Universal Riptide GP2 - (by Vector Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    How are you guys getting full setting? On my iphone 5 some options are greyed out.

2. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Real Talk:

I love the new touch controls; it's what I was looking for. It would be nice to see an option to move/resize controls. They are a bit too small, probably could be nudged up a smidge as well.

My fingers don't like to be hanging on to the edge of my iPhone case, trying to avoid the fairly occasional crashes from random stunt accidents (caused by my fingers unnoticeably slipping off the buttons).

At least put the control arrows more so in a spot where a person generally and subconsciously will use (even without complete touch button controls).

Vector Unit, you are great! Thanks for your continued allegiance to us WaveRacers.

3. pauldavidmerritt

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    East Rutherford NJ
    Edit: I've noticed the touch control arrows are not working well. It is quite a hassle to use. For example, after doing a ramp stunt, when I simply place my hands afterward to resume left/right and acc/break controls, the arrows think I'm trying to do another stunt after landing from a jump. No bueno. The arrows are becoming quite unreliable. Please look into this issue for us 'simulation gamers' using all touch controls for full control. Thanks!

Resize and relocation options for control arrows will probably fix the issue.

4. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    How do you change the gender of your racer? I can't find it on the options.

I have the android version btw but the update log also says you can race as a female.

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Go into the customization section where you can paint your craft, I think option is there.

On the other hand, even with a maxed out vehicle, I am sometimes struggling to be first. Some can call this a challenge, but what if my ship wasn't upgraded? I'd just be last everytime?

6. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Thank you! Yup it's in the paint shop.

Anyway I'm still struggling in the second set of races. Can't buy the second jet ski yet so it's been hard for me to get more stars to unlock the third. This game is not easy.

7. pauldavidmerritt

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    East Rutherford NJ
    I'm glad it's not easy, though. The amount of grinding you have to do to compete in the top races I feel is very well done. It's one of the first games I've owned that has enough content to keep me busy and entertained while working on upgrades to race through all the challenges.

I'd still like to see some improvements on the full arrow controls so my racer doesn't randomly try stunts just to crash and burn for no reason.

8. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    $.99 sale! Happy thanksgiving!

9. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I love this game! It's even more fun than the first Riptide. There are more stunts and they are crazier, and stages are diverse. Customization is great, I'm now able to be as gaudy as I want :D the game requires some grinding at first, but it's still an enjoyable grind! Doesn't seem to find many people playing online though.

10. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    Unfortunately the online is broken. I wish they would fix it.

11. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Help!

How do you do stunts? I understand the controls (I'm using MFi) but what makes a stunt actually succeed?

I can pull off the stunts in the tutorial level every time. But in actual races, I wreck and fall off the vehicle 100% of the time. I'm not noticing any kind of feedback in the game to indicate what caused the failure or what other control you have beyond the relevant 2-stick gesture. So I've just tried randomly varying speed and timing, but stunts still always fail.

Thanks in advance!

PS looks terrific on HDMI!

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I only play with touch controls, but the trick is to complete the commands while at the base of the ramps.

13. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Perfect! I guess I was intuitively assuming you had to do a stunt once you're IN the air, which is too late. Thanks.

14. pauldavidmerritt

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    East Rutherford NJ
    I am tired of it. I don't use gyroscope, only all touch controls for stop/go/turn. Every time I land a jump, I have to make sure NOT to touch the turn buttons, or my racer will randomly attempt a stunt, crashing. You have to land a jump, wait for your character to stop bouncing in the water, AND THEN you can turn your vehicle again without crashing. I know someone in the office knows this is happening, and are not choosing to fix this. Lame. It happens on my iPhone 4 and 5s. Fix it for 5 stars again. I have contacted dev's about the issue, and about a year ago, they said they'll "look into it". And they obviously haven't. I'm tired of crashing all the time, and who knows if they'll actually fix that. Not fair, lame.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think you are complaining about the physics which i think is implemented really well. Going sideways on landing is definitely a crash, and going on a sharp turn right after landing, if you're at high speed, is also a crash. I dont think there's anything to fix there.

16. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Mmmmm, nothing. Was just wondering what the bump was all about....

17. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Well, could've been bumped due to the update this week, which was kinda cool:

What's new
    - Metal Support: Real-time shadows and other advanced graphics features.
    - New Track: Park Hills (Classic)
    - New Hydrojet: Switchblade

18. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    A good game is always worth bumping!

19. pauldavidmerritt

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    East Rutherford NJ
    I hope I reserve the right to be wrong. I will test this after work. Thank you for the feedback on this. If it's just physics, then it is my error, not the dev's.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you predict a turn right after you jump off ramps, you can try slightly angling yourself while approaching the ramp instead. I hope the game's physics clicks with you... I really find Riptide GP 2 to be one of the best racing games on the appstore.