iPad iMAME (iOS iMAME4ALL in App Store) by Jim VanDeventer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AnarKitty, Dec 21, 2011.

1. JackMule

JackMule Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    #1021 JackMule, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    There is one somewhere, I just don't remember where. I'm guessing Seleuco posted it earlier in this forum. Street Fighter 1, 2, champion edition, and turbo all work. Couldn't get any MK games to work though. Might have to look into it.

The romset is 0.37b5.

2. cubelindo

cubelindo New Member

May 13, 2012
    First post, so I begin with a big hello to all forum members.

I have a problem with iMAme4all 1.10. It was running wothout problems. I have an iCade and was very pleased with everything.

I have 2 small daughters, the use my iPad 2 to play various games. The start everything they see just to try. I guess they messed up with iMame4all.

The emulator starts, connects with the iCade and lets you play, but whenever you are playing a game and move the joystick, it seems like some of the game tunnings are also controlled with it: moving right and left make a message appear "Sample #1 volume", same with sample #2 #3 ... sometimes other similar messages appear.

So it looks like the girls entered the mame menu and changed the key setting for a lot of these "tunnings"

I'm unable to enter the mame configuration menu. Help says something about star+select but I have tried every two-button combination. I also read somewhere it had been disabled for stability reasons.

Reinstalling the program does not solve the issue.

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks!

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This sounds as if you have to run iexplorer on your PC to browse the iPhone contents, find the imame folder and delete the .CFG of the app (I think it was mame.cfg, but I'm not sure). Next time you run the app, it generates the CFG again with the correct button configuration.

4. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Very important question...Has anyone with iOS 6 Beta tried iMame?

5. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    VERY important indeed!!
    The only thing that would EVER make me consider JB

6. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Indeed. If it breaks in iOS 6 its over for a non-jailbroken iMame.

7. gus1

gus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Hi, I dusted off my copy of imame on my ipad and tried placing the cheat.dat file in the documents folder in imame. However, I enabled the cheats in the imame menu after selecting the game but there seems to be no way of selecting or activating the cheats. I opened the cheat.dat file with wordpad and can see "un squadron" and the invincibility cheat listed but can't acivate it in game. Could anyone help? Thanks!

8. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    If you own a Ipad 1 it's no problem. You cant update to ios6 so you can play imame forever.

9. twopiearr

twopiearr Member

Jul 19, 2012
    I recently upgraded from a 16 gig iPad 2 to a 32 gig iPad 2. Almost everything went across, but i can't get iMAME to load on the new iPad - iTunes simply tells me it won't load with a fairly generic error message. Anyone know anything I can do to get it on the new iPad?

10. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010

I have both imame4all .37 iOS 5.1.1 jb on iPad 3 with no prob. Also have app store version with no prob. Installed .135 version but have no rooms for it so can't test it.

11. RCastle

RCastle Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hi, Again the same question... Has anyone updated to ios 6 beta and does iMame work?

12. JimVanDeventer

Dec 26, 2011
    I have and yes it does. :)

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    so it is assumed that will work on the final iOS 6 Jim?
    I would not lose it...

14. RCastle

RCastle Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks for the answer, Jim!

Those are good news as it should work on the final version!

Hope the new iPhone with those extra pixels don't mess it up, though...

15. cartsbeforehorses

cartsbeforehorses New Member

Sep 14, 2012
    totally kicking myself for not picking this up when it was first released. is there any way to get this on my iphone without jailbreaking or being a developer (if i had an uncracked version of the original ipa file for example)?

16. RCastle

RCastle Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Not really as IPa'S are tied to your account... Unless tou know someone who has it and give you is password so you can install and then change the IPad/iPhone to your account...

Anyway, another question, has anyone with ios 6 final can test if this imame works?

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Just updated my iphone4 to ios6. Saw the thread and tried iMAME. It works perfectly. Played Cadillacs & Dinosaurs for a few minutes to try it. Nothing strange, exactly the same as with ios 5.1.1. Enjoy! :D Btw, I have ios6, even though I can't set it in my TA profile because ios5.x is the highest option you can choose.

18. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    thanks for the info pal #

19. RCastle

RCastle Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks! Just updated iPad (3 Gen) and it works fine with iMame and iCade! (IOS6)

20. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1040 Gwarmaxx, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    good! but have both of you tried if compatibility with iExplorer is already available???

i'm asking you this 'cause seems in C64 app is no more possible to add custom games as before... can you check this for me on iMAME?
    thanks a lot!