Best RTS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BTM4444, Jun 8, 2010.

1. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    #1 BTM4444, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
    Ok I'm not sure what RTS game. Price doesn't matter, i'm looking for quality. A game like age of empires and star craft.

2. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    Sigh. First of all, the best RTS period is LASW. With over hundred units and technologies, glass smooth framerate, great controls, it is the best RTS. 2nd, post this in the mass what should I get thread. THat's where you put all the what should I get? questions.

3. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    But it is a specific genre. Not a I have 10 bucks and own a iPhone. Give me suggestions.

LASW is the best, but some others include Robacolypse & Lost Empires. A simple arcadey one is Trenches.

4. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I play Warfare Incorporated. It's only $.99, has a single player campaign and has the option to download a ton of user made singleplayer and multiplayer maps. Apparently this is a game that has a pretty dedicated community dating back to older smartphones/PDA's (I believe it was on Palm OS and/or Windows Mobile) so there are hundreds of maps to download. I believe maps are still being made.

By no means should this replace some of the other suggestions, but for a dollar, it can't hurt to give it a shot.

5. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    l.a.s.w

6. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    My personal favorite is Robocalypse. Nothing would make me happier than to have a decent AoE port or clone on my iPhone

7. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Red conquest! Is one of the best. It has a campaign, challenge missions, skirmish with up to 7 AI, online play with wifi, edge, and 3g. It also has three distinct factions great graphics, zoom, controls take a bit getting used to but they are great once you do. This game was made specially for the iPhone and not a port. It's 1.99. Read my review in sig

8. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Robocalypse.

9. nazara_tech

nazara_tech Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2009
    project manage
    India
    Robocalypse rocks. Game is downloaded more than a million but still one or two people come online.

10. KDR_11k

KDR_11k Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Land Air Sea Warfare. If you're coming from the PC and want an RTS like the ones found there LASW is the way to go, most other RTSes on the iPhone are simplified for the platform.

11. Naorioto

Naorioto Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    LAWS Or Armada(if you prefer online games)

12. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    your the first person to mention Armada. That game looks good but its just online...

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Red Conquest: micromanagement of units
    LASW: pc generic
    Armada: online

14. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Honestly, Armada is OK. It's a nice, simple RTS for on-the-go playing but it won't quite scratch that itch for a more computer-style RTS. For example, there's only three basic types of units (with light, medium, and heavy variations) and no base-building. At all.

It's very conducive to a quick pick-up-and-play, but not a particularly fantastic serious RTS. I suggest Robocalypse. L.A.S.W. is also supposed to be quite good, and right now I'm downloading it so I can give impressions, if you need more.

15. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    #15 postmanmanman, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    WOW

Just WOW

L.A.S.W. is AMAZING. If you want a good RTS (YES RTS I MESSED UP BEFORE), L.A.S.W. is far and away the best money can buy on the App Store.

16. hhhh

hhhh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    I loved Warfare Inc., but LASW is great too.

17. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I tried robocalypse and the controls are really bad. Not quite what I was expecting when I bought the game. Red conquest ha complex controls but after getting used to it the amount of micromanagement and strategy really got me loving the game

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

LASW. By far is the best RTS. In fact the only RTS that's better is Starcraft (which is practically impossible to beat). So go with LASW.

19. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    Wait; LASW is FPS? I thought it was RTS. Thinking about getting it today.

20. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    How does it compare to Nova?