Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Yeah, one of my friends told me that nfs is not all that much more impressive on the ipad 4 vs the new ipad. Strange, maybe they will have to do an update to finetune it to use the stronger horsepower.

Arc squadron developer is reporting that the ipad 4 has 60 fps, and new ipad has mid 40s fps, so in that game it is making a difference.

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #462 Rip73, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    Slight tweaking of the list of cars I used to complete it.
    Evoque.
    Focus RS.
    Porsche. (Best in game car).
    Camaro.
    Maserati.
    BMW m3 gtr.

Also used the ford gt40, Gallardo, Alfa 4c, M3, sl black series, viper, Aeventador and SLS amg.

Find that a bit strange really. Not having any of those problems on iPad 4. Runs comparable to an iPad 2, very smoothly, but with effects from iPhone 5 turned on (blur and depth of field for example is off with iPad 2).
    I could just be lucky and I haven't run a full framerate test.

3. Arq24

Arq24 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    "runs perfect" do You mean 60 fps with no slide show??
    i

4. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    I don't know the exact FPS, but it runs very fluidly with no lag whatsoever.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #465 Rip73, Nov 2, 2012
    Well considering the screen on iOS is locked to a max of 60 (because 60 fps eats batteries for breakfast), I doubt it.
    30 is generally what any dev aims for but if they are developing for mobile, there's no point in having the game run at the maximum 60fps if the battery is going to die in half an hour.

6. Dan't Ponic

Dan't Ponic Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica
    Same for me, except by two...

Evoque.
    Focus RS.
    McLaren. (Best in game car).
    Dodge Challenger.
    Maserati.
    BMW m3 gtr.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Haven't tried the mclaren yet except on one race. It does seem to have awesome handling.
    I was gonna just put in the challenger instead of the camaro as on your list, as it is very good in the game, but I love my camaro more.

8. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Not sure why people only want the minimal amount of cars. Isn't part of the fun trying out all or many of the new cars? There are achievements which give speed points for buying cars in each category, all cars of a certain type, so many cars altogether, all cars, etc. - so the more cars you have, the more overall points you will have.

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #469 Rip73, Nov 2, 2012
    Yeah, agreed, everybody wants all the cars.
    Those lists are only for people looking for cars that are capable of finishing the game and having money left over to get better cars next time.
    It's not a one play through game so my list is just the cars I used to get maximum results and cash from first play through in order to get exotics for next run at it.
    A big part of the replay ability of the game is the new cars for each event plus the gaining of sp and achievements or just topping the speed wall. The point is to not waste cash chasing the top car in each tier till the second run at it.

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, I MUST ask this: am I the only one who thinks that this game doesn't deserve to be called NFS: Most Wanted? OK, I understand that open world may be impossible here, but the missions are TOO simple, you only earn SP points with achievements or after finishing some races (you don't earn those points wrecking police cars, destroying urban objects, etc), there aren't any hot pursuits nor real tuning (this mod thing sucks!). Don't get me wrong, it's a cool game, but from my point of view it looks like Asphalt 7.2 instead of NFS: Most Wanted. I'm a "bit" disapointed.

11. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Is there a full car list? I quickly checked the thread so maybe missed it. Any Audi models in this game?

12. SatriaNeoCPS

SatriaNeoCPS Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Ford focus
    Bmw m3 (muscle)
    Range rover evoque
    Maserati

Porsche(best car in the game for progession)
    Aventador
    Agera r(to get all gold)(speedwall)

Veyron( speedwall ranking)

13. SatriaNeoCPS

Oct 31, 2012
    It would be awesome if they add new extra hidden boss and car.

14. iJoashFoo

iJoashFoo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    The absolutely bonkers A1 Clubsport Quattro and the R8 GT are in this game.

15. SatriaNeoCPS

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder how to lost both bumpers and win?
    I already lost both bumpers and got 3rd on race but still not achieve the goal.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Mobile versions nearly always come across as tie-ins rather than ports. I think a lot of the gaming community knows not to expect the same experience, but for more casual players it might be an idea to make the distinction more obvious somehow.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Great game, great physics and great little arcade racer. Only thing it really needs are more complex races and full retina for the iPad 4. And more touch control schemes.

Well worth the 6.99.

18. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Are you sure? I believe I do get a blur effect when I use the nitro boost on my iPad 2. Also, depth of field seems to be present. Heck, I compared this with a high-performance Android tablet and the iPad 2 seems to have more effecs (especially the aformentioned blur).

19. W4TSON

W4TSON Member

May 9, 2012
    Customer Service
    Aloha, Or.
    You can take your Origin & shove it EA. I hate it when companies don't even bother puting Game Center support into their games. I don't usually buy games on iOS that don't support it. So looks like I'll be passing on this game! Shame

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Oh noes, insignificant and meaningless feature absent. Incredible game is now trash.