Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    I figured a lot of the frogs have Latin or pseudo-Latin based names so they're easy to identify (Sol, Zebrae, Bulbus, etc.) so I knew Janus was two faces. What I didn't know until now is that the faces had to be back to back, not facing (so much for my Greek & Roman Mythology course...). Also thought it was used to mean "two-faced" but when I looked that up, I discovered that definition existed only in my mind! The strangest things one learns from a PF forum. BTW, I have a Black Chroma Janus & when it's in its folium or muscus phase, it's really easy to make out the chin & neck, which I hadn't noticed before.

Embarrassing admission: In my list pruning a while ago, I just realized, when I typed out my list of whom to gift, I carelessly omitted the names of two people I hadn't defriended. Oops! They were sent gifts, not as reciprocity but as an act of contrition.

p.s.: Again, a boatload of thanks to some generous PFers out there: StephenP67 for the Axis, short for the Nodare & Arcus, & DeanK for the Quilta.

p.p.s.: Thanks, XXX, for the "Heads Up!" about the TT update. Now it'll be even *more* difficult to find a DJer! But, alas, no new Missions :::sigh:::

2. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    #26302 sneeb, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    happy 2013

:D Happy New Years!

JavaRich did you get the 2013 set? It reappeared in my hab after I gifted it. Just wanted to say thanks for saying hello over the holidays.

Also thank you Yasha65 :) and Dean and everybody else who sent gifts.

Sure miss those old status notes in the PF. If I had words there, they would read "Dex 51% or 18,401 frogs :) "
    Still dexting those old frog by color. Maroon to Azure done, 16 more breeds to go in Blue, and my biggest un100% frog is Pingo. ... :( with all the new breeds, that % up in the Dex sure takes a while.

Anyways, ... Back to breeding up the last of those old frogs I go.

3. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    BW27, I sent you half a dozen Emerald Templum today, and that is the last of them. Enjoy. :)

Thanks everyone for the gift frogs, but particular thanks today to Shortbus for an incredibly useful group of Emblema that are coming through, in all the colours of the rainbow!

Happy New Year, everyone.

4. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    I offered a free set of Happy 2013 a few posts back ... Who wants them? Anyone??

XXX

5. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    I like the Janus breed too. It reminds me of the optical illusion silhouettes with the faces and vases. :cool:

Thanks to Dean, Dom, Javarich, Lisi, Miamare, Nirtew,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

Good evening to all. :)

6. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Hi, Sneeb / .1.0.1 a.k.a. Sneebdubple here,

Just saw your update in the forum, and thought 'hey there's another I missed after the update. :) I tried to type in your name just now and it wouldn't send. So, please friend me, if you like. Or let me know what your game center name is. :)

7. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I will have some 203 sets available soon. I w traveling and was able to work on them while on the plane.

8. AndiNZ1970

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Hi Sneeb!

GC is as per my sig, AndiNZ. If you can't get it to work, I will try from my end. :)

9. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    Thanks, and goodbye

Thank you, Andi! I appreciate it:D

I guess I could say this is my farewell post. There are some (sort of) unforeseen personal issues, and I won't be able to be an active member of the forum anymore. Delete me from GC or whatever, I really don't care, but I know I don't plan on coming back. Please don't gift me at all from now on; I don't want a huge backlog if I ever come back, and I won't be able to reciprocate. Best of luck to everyone, and thanks for all of the gifts, and for being awesome froggy friends! :D-BlueWater27

10. AndiNZ1970

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Wow, really? That sucks! :(

All I can really say to that is thank you for your froggy-friendship, and hope to see you back again sometime, even if as a much less active participant. I'm gonna unfriend you on GC, but only because I'd forget and keep sending you stuff, otherwise.

If you do come back, just send me a friend request. :)

11. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Sorry to see you go BW. Hope all will work itself out for you. If you come back please let us know and friend us again.

Good luck.

12. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Very sorry that you are leaving. We will miss you. Hope things can work out and that you are back.
    Take care and the best of luck.

13. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    I want to thank Dom and Cygnet for last week's starter sets and Andi, awboj, Cygnet, danj, dlstar, java, lisi, Maholah, Marti, meplie, Snappy, Quossum, and wysky for all the frogs.
    If I missed anyone, I apologize and thank you.

14. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Damn that sucks :-( hope everything works out for you, and as others have already said, you will be missed.

I will also take you off my friends list, for the same reason that I'll keep gifting if I don't. Hope you do manage to make it back one day.

15. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thanks Domenic for my weekly fix and thanks to all my trading friends :) All gifts are greatly appreciated and the froggydex continues to increase.

16. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    GC Friends

This weekend I will be making my final mass "unfriending" in Gamecenter. Hopefully after this I will be able to keep the list under control. Again, if I accidently unfriend anyone on the thread, nothing is meant by it and you should receive a friend request shortly after I check the final list.

I have decided that in the future I will only accept friend request that mention TouchArcade or a game I am playing. I hate to do this because I have made some great trading friends in the past but the way GC works vs Plus+ this is the only way I know to keep my list manageable. I am posting this on the PF thread because most of my friends are PF players. :)

17. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    #26317 mbarnes41, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    Mailbox Delete

Hi,

If there are no plans to reinstate "new" for gifts, maybe they will consider adding a "mailbox delete" option. We can sell unwanted eggs before they hatch, but have to let items stay in the mailbox until they are delivered (or waste stamps to delete them). If I have missed a way to do this, please let me know. It won't be the first time I've been playing in the dark.

Thanks for recent gifts:
    AndiNZ (TESSERA royal tingo)
    javaRich (CORNUS tangelo albeo)
    meplie (MAZEUS black callaina)

Take care,
    Mal

18. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    I'm so sorry to see you go, BW27. Even sadder that consequences other than boredom or something trivial is the cause of your decision. No matter what color you chose to be, Purple (from NB Forum) to Blue or Red (PF Forum), your posts were always a colorful read. You will be missed.

I will definitely respect your wishes & NOT send any gifts to you but I can't defriend you. In my heart, it feels wrong to do that. Hope you understand.

You have no idea how long I fought for that option both here & in the NB Forum! With limited MB space & more breeds, it is ever more critical, IMO.

p.s.: Thanks for the great froggy gifts to XXX for the Papillo, JoEllyn for the Emblema & Frondis, Snappy for the Magus, & Andi for the Palma.

p.p.s.: By early this evening I will have a Happy 2013 Set ready to send out. Let me know if you need it. Will randomly send tomorrow morning if no one speaks up.

19. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    Thanks Dom for this week set! Thanks everyone for all the gifts. Each one is really appreciated!

20. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Sometimes it goes like that :) unforeseen or no, wish you well, take care and all that.