D.C Empire

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nicoipad, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Well, if its a fun game it would be a good way. But I wish you luck with your app :)

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I would probably buy this then! Best of luck with this, man!

3. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Thanks.

BTW: the app might not be out in march as I've run into some issues with the game plus I don't know how long it takes to get an app approved or how easy it is.

4. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Since I know the graphics are not on par with other games if a similar type a main advantage is the price and I also think the setting sets it apart. Plus it's not really an average open world game in the way gangstar is. Its more designed as a level based game with some open world elements

5. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Yeah, I'd agree you definitely need an art/graphics overhaul. They will, from a gaming perspective hurt my eyes and from a developer perspective hurt your sales. Though from what I can tell, the game looks fairly interesting. Controls look solid, and I think I can guess gameplay will be solid as well. Wish you luck on your game!

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Are you serious ?

I know its not all about the graphics and it should be about the gameplay but seriously, you honestly love those 'graphics ???

7. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Yes but if you don't create a detailed enough , it really creates a seperation between you and your player. You want them to feel immersed in the game world right? Those graphics aren't gonna do it. Art and presentation are as about important in any game as programming, even in text-based games. When people look at your game in the app store, they will think its interesting. But when they see the screenshots, it's an immediate turn-off. If you want more of a cartoony style, look at Car Jacked Streets. That was the first GTA clone out there and it did a good job of it. In the future, unless you are making games for blind people, try to put a good amount of effort into the graphics.

8. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    Also, how did you afford the developer license? I think about learning a language to program, got into LUA recently but before I want to buy a license I want to learn some more

9. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Are you kidding?

10. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    New screenshots coming next week showin off the redone graphics.

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Awesome! Really interested in this.

12. sharpener

sharpener Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Musician
    Kowloon, Hong Kong
    looking forward to it:]

13. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    My computer has a virus at the moment so development on the game has been delayed a little but I still hope to bring screen shots by the end of this week. The new style is much more detailed and offers a variety of level viewpoints. Doesn't neccisarily look like CTW. The game is (as I mentioned earlier) a more linear game then gta or car jack streets. It's a lot like driver with a story mode and a free roam mode but there are missions on foot (more actually, as the vehicle handling is not one of the game's strong suits). That's all I'll reveal now though. Don't wanna reveal too much.

14. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    My recommendation? Find an artist to help you.

If you're actually going to release a "screenshot" like that, you clearly don't care about being taken seriously. You may say that this is your first game, and that you deserve a bit of leniency. While that is true, leniency is for the average game with average graphics, like Cado or Fastball. I, like others have also said, could do better graphics in less than a minute in GIMP.

I would love to see some better graphics this week from you, but I doubt that'll happen if you actually liked your old art at all.

15. monyo

monyo Active Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Good luck with your app. Dont mind the trolls.

16. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    I am looking forward to showing off the new graphic style. Disregard the earlier screen shots when judging the graphics

17. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Sorry that these screens are taking so long. My computer is still down. The screens will be up this weekend or next week. The game is coming in April probably.

18. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Expect a more in depth look at the game on our website soon.

19. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Sounds good, where's the website?

20. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    It's up but not completly finished. A co-owner of the company is working on it at the moment. I'll link soon