Upgrading from 3G to Ipod touch 4 Game list

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by HarbingerofDeath, Jan 13, 2011.

1. HarbingerofDeath

Dec 18, 2009
    #1 HarbingerofDeath, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    Sooo, my 16th coming up :D yay
    im getting an HTC in a few months and an ipod touch 4th generation touch in a few days on my bday, im upgrading from my 3g, and both of these together are cheaper than an iphone 4, im getting at least 100 dollars of itunes credit, so what games should i get that i'll:
    1. be able to play coz my current device is old, and
    2. enjoy coz of the awesome graphics
    tl;dr,
    what are the best games, that take advantage of the best iOS hardware?
    :)

2. fi2-shift

fi2-shift Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    IT at CCC
    Santo Domingo
    Current games I have installed on my ipt4 and look awesome:

Real Racing 2 (best racing game so far, and graphic are AMAZING!)

NOVA 2 (Gotta love online multiplayer, lots of maps and weapons, really really fun!, oh and it has this leveling system that earns you more weapons, perks, etc.)

RAGE HD (aside from great graphics, I just love killing mutants :p, cons: on rails, just like the next on the list)

Infinity Blade (quite repetitive but it has da best iOS graphics out there, really eye candy, and fun)

Other games I have installed:

RockBand Reloaded
    Guitar Hero
    SF IV (Just buy it, you wont be disappointed)
    Tilt to Live (bought the little expansion pack and its really fun!)
    Kosmo Spin
    Backbreaker 2
    Fruit Ninja
    Inotia 3 (I'm a little disappointed about this one, expected to had better graphics, and it has a pesky sound glitch)

Played and deleted:

NFS: Hot Pursuit (I bought it while it was on sale 0.99 bucks, its a great game, but not for me, my lil bro plays it all the time on his ipt 2G)

Eternal Legacy (good FF VII ripoff by you know who, it gets boring, repetitive, voice acting is weird and story is too fast paced)

So, idk what else, that's all I remember now :p, hope it helped you

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    This thread doesn't belong here. FYI.

4. HarbingerofDeath

Dec 18, 2009
    right, thanks for telling me, im a newb, sorry :D
    soo, should i delete it? or what?

5. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I assume a mod will move it to the appropriate forum.

I'll second Infinity Blade. If you read the thread on here, you'll find that the game is very hit or miss. Some people really like it and others are crying for their money back. But, if for nothing else, the eye candy might almost be worth the cost.

Though, any game with full retina display support will look a ton better on a 4th gen device.

6. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Aralon: Sword and Shadow HD would be a good choice. I personally don't have a 4G, but one of my friends does, and it works perfectly with great graphics. It's an RPG with a HUGE world, with 3 races, 4 classes with another one (Paladin) soon to come, and continuous support from the developers.

7. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Stick to games that support the native resolution of your device (Retina, 640x960) and you'll be fine. Games such as Canabalt, Carcassonne, Cut the Rope, Infinity Blade, Heroes of Kalevala, and Pinball HD are all great places to start.