Space Miner HD AND Space Miner: Space Ore Bust ON SALE!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by DelBoy2181, May 28, 2011.

1. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    One of the BEST games to EVER grace iOS, now available for only £0.59/$0.99 EACH on the iPhone/iPod touch AND iPad. Venan Entertainment rarely ever reduce their prices so get these games now!

Space Miner: Space Ore Bust for iPad

* IMPORTANT! New miners should instead purchase Space Miner: Platinum Edition! *

The Game of the Year award-win…
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    * IMPORTANT! New miners should instead purchase Space Miner: Platinum Edition! *

The Game of the Year award-winning action-RPG is back in a big way with this new MEGA UPDATE! With a brand new storyline, new enemies, new asteroids, and new gear, it's the perfect time to experience this iOS classic for the first time!

- New bonus storyline that continues the adventures of Uncle Jeb and the Gritstone Mining Company!
    - A new map filled with 16 new sectors to mine!
    - New asteroids, tougher enemies, and brand new secrets to uncover!
    - Two new License Levels, with top-tier ship equipment to match!
    - A new ultra-powerful level 8 ship, designed by billionaire madman Bancroft!

Since its original release, SPACE MINER: SPACE ORE BUST has been hailed as one of the greatest iOS games of all time by critics and customers alike. Don't believe us? Check out these reviews:

"Without a question, this is one of the best games I've played since the App Store went live" - Toucharcade.com (5/5 stars)

"HOW GOOD IS SPACE MINER. The answer is INCREDIBLE GOOD. It's probably the best original game to hit the iPhone." - Gizmodo

"Space Miner: Space Ore Bust gets my total complete recommendation. Long gamelife, great polished graphics and most importantly fun gameplay in space accompanied by banjos. Now I want a sequel." - Touchgen.com (5/5 stars)

"Few games truly stand out like Space Miner does." - Slide to Play (4/4 - Must Have)

App Store Rating: 4.5/5 (over 5,000 reviews!)

Onion AV Club: Grade A

No Dpad: "MUST HAVE"

App Spy: 5/5

Still reading? Awesome! Here are some more good reasons to pick up SPACE MINER!

- Hours of space-blasting gameplay across a massive 64-sector, non-linear galaxy!
    - Fully upgradeable and customizable ships with literally thousands of possible equipment combinations!
    - Hilarious storyline featuring top-notch writing!
    - New Game+ mode lets you keep your game-changing ALIEN TECH and play on harder difficulty modes!
    - Full Game Center integration for Achievements and Leaderboards.

Want to learn more about SPACE MINER or the Venan crew? Check us out!

http://www.venan.com
    Follow us on Twitter @VenanEnt
    Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VenanEnt
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Role Playing
    Release:Dec 15, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (11)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

AND

Space Miner - GameClub

GameClub
    Space Miner, the critically acclaimed space shooter where explosive space combat meets action-RPG. • 91 / 100 - Metacr…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Space Miner, the critically acclaimed space shooter where explosive space combat meets action-RPG. • 91 / 100 - Metacritic • "Incredibly good" - Gizmodo • 5 / 5 - TouchArcade • 5 / 5 - AppSpy • Grade A - The Onion (A.V. Club) Your uncle's space mining business is under threat from an Evil Corporation, and you're the only one who can save it! There are just two problems: your mining license doesn't allow you to mine very far, and your ship is a hunk of junk. Luckily, the solution to both problems is to head out into the galaxy and get mining! Blast asteroids to find the valuable ore they contain. While the space rocks won't fight back, there are plenty of enemy ships that will. Use the money you get from mining to upgrade your ship in the way you want, allowing you to go farther and survive longer. Uncover special ship parts and maps to new galaxies where more riches await. Find amazing secrets and expand your mining operation as you enjoy the unfolding story. The universe awaits! ** Supports MFi, XBox, and PlayStation Controllers ** - Classic Arcade Action: Use your thrusters to move around the asteroid fields, blasting space rocks and enemies alike with your ship's weapons. - Customize Your Ship: You worked hard for your money, so you get to decide how you're going to spend it. New lasers? A bigger cargo hold? Stronger shields? It's up to you! - Uncover Advanced Technology: Get your hands on some cool permanent upgrades that persist between games... if you can find them! - Blast the Enemies: Whether it's robot pirates looking to steal your ore or corporate goons trying to throw a wrench in your business, the best way to negotiate is with your ship's lasers! - HardcORE Mode: Looking for the ultimate challenge? Try HardcORE mode, where your first death is also your final one. Things are a lot more tense when you have just one life to live! Space Miner is one of the many fantastic games brought back to life by GameClub, fully updated to support the latest versions of iOS and newest devices. ************************************************** GameClub is a subscription mobile gaming service. If you like our games, try our auto-renewing monthly subscription for 30 days free, and play all of our games with no limits, no ads, no hidden fees, and no other in-app purchases. If you choose to purchase GameClub’s optional subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. Terms of Use: gameclub.io/terms Privacy Policy: gameclub.io/privacy _________ If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] Facebook: facebook.com/gameclub Twitter: twitter.com/gameclub Thank you!
    Information
    Seller:GameClub
    Genre:Action, Adventure, Role Playing, Arcade
    Release:Feb 05, 2010
    Updated:Apr 09, 2021
    Version:1.6.41
    Size:159.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (72)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

ENJOY ;)

2. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Get them naaaaaaaaaaaaao !

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't have it yet. Considering you come to TA in search of good games and that TA crowned it GOTY for 2010, yeah..if SOMEHOW you don't have it, get it now. No excuses.

4. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Bought. Thanks for the heads up! I was actually just looking at this earlier today before the sale.

5. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I'm lovin' it.
    Oops, I accidentally rated the HD version as well.

6. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    i was hoping for the HD version to get lowered.
    buying now :D

7. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Could someone please add the Space Miner games to the Memorial Day thread, cheers ;)

8. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Def one of the best deals!

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    mmmhmmm... I've had both games on my iPod for... well... a LONG time...

I won't even say how many times I've run through Space Miner... but needless to say, it's DEFINITELY worth buying... ESPECIALLY at this price!

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Picked this up and it's hard to put down I've been playing it most of te weekend. Fantastic game

11. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Hard to believe I never heard of this. Anyway, bought it, played it, enjoyed every minute of it. Great, great game, enjoyed it way more than I thought i would.

12. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Great game, I just played it 12 hours this weekend and now the fun is over. Maybe il start over and play it again. Yep,it was that good!!!!!!!

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I like a lot of games, but there are only a few that I ever want to replay the minute they are done... Space Miner is the top of the top. It sit alongside Plants Vs Zombies, World of Goo, and Carcassonne.

I bought it at $3 and felt like I got the deal of a lifetime. At 99 cents, this is a MUST BUY. seriously. I know everyone is saying it, but it really, really is worth it.

I don't even like asteroids, and I love this game.

14. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Im sold. :D

15. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    #15 Red1, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
    I agree with the comments above. Space Miner HD's an awesome game, with hours of game-play. As you progress through the levels, you upgrade your ship with better weapons and more storage room etc, which keeps things interesting. There's a funny storyline as well. I recommended it to a few people and they all liked it too.

This game for $1 = must buy!

16. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Come back and let us know what you thought, and do the devs a favor and review it!

Red = agreed. I didn't mention the story. It's actually pretty great. Normally humor falls flat because how hard they try, but with Space Miner, it succeeds.

17. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    haha, just took that as the opportune moment to post. Bought it first thing at the sale. Would have gotten it at full price, but I had yet to buy any game with rpg like elements (infinity blade aside). I have not installed it yet, and I actually plan too when I go for a trip in a few months, so I have this and a few other good, long campaigns to keep me entertained (may or may not have wifi). I'll bring back impressions then regardless of it being old news or not.

18. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Whilst the Gameloft sale ended prematurely it looks like Venan Entertainment are going all out with their sale as it's still on!

This is, in my humble opinion (and many other people), the Game of the Year for 2010 yet for the HD version it's only ranked 90?!? @ only £0.59?!? UK iPad owners seriously don't know what they're missing out on.

OMG, it's not even in the top 200 on the UK iPhone games chart :eek:

19. Kinto

Kinto Member

Apr 22, 2010
    The same for me

I could be considered like a simplier "Galaxy on Fire 2" type game.

Just the combat is different (like asteroids) and simplier quest-navigation-roaming system

20. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Looks like the sale's finally over. Hope all of you who got this game are enjoying it ;)