GTA 3 Graphics modding guide (must see)!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dan007, Dec 19, 2011.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I'm not a programmer or massive mod person... So this may be a silly question! Go easy and don't rip me to shreds!

But is there a way to improve quality further for the new iPad?

2. JonathanBruce

JonathanBruce New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    hey MR KON3, some of your modded car has readme to change the handling.cfg data to a few different data, do i need to do it?

3. Bawls

Bawls Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    links dont work :(

4. JonathanBruce

JonathanBruce New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Mister KON3, all your file at least say by hotfile and depositfiles deleted and zshare doesn't connect, would you upload the 10 packed customized car in 4shared? ok and my last request, would you search for us BMW M3 GTR of NFS Most Wanted to GTA 3?

5. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Hi Jonathan... yes you are correct that some of the cars come with custom handling, you don't NEED to do it, but it will give you a better feel for the cars :D

I'm fully aware that the links are down for you guys at the moment... I'm back online but this connection is only temporary. I will have my net back online by the end of this month (hopefully). We have only just moved into our new home (3 days ago) So please have a little more patience with me, and I promise to deliver on my promises... Until then please feel free to post any questions that you may have :D

K0N3

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Guys:

Been haunting this thread a lot in the past few months, and I must say, it has been incredibly helpful. Thanks K0N3!

Unfortunately the #links weren't working, but thanks to the tutorial I learned how to install mods for gta3, and man it's amazing what one can do.#

On my iPad 3, I have

-imported different, higher poly cars
    -modded handling for various cars, mostly minor
    -enabled antialiasing
    -added more blood
    -added floating newspapers around the city#
    -added tire skid marks, blood and dirt skids
    -added real time #reflections on cars (probably the best mod of all)
    -revamped particle system
    -vastly improved lighting effects-looks VERY nice
    -modded the dodo so it is easier to fly

Not sure if all these would run on an a4, but they should work fine on a5 devices and above. I'll pull together links to the sites I got the mods from and tutorials when I can, just thought that since K0N3 is away for awhile I'd help some of you out. It would be really nice if I could just upload my .img file, my handling file, and my .set file so I don't have to re find all the links again, what's a good free site to use? I might be able to upload the files this weekend.#

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    My mod is specifically designed to push the iPad's 1gb of ram. Still, the game never fails to run at 60 or so fps, so much more can be done. I'm currently working on getting fly
    able helicopters in game. I know there are stunt parks we can add, too. Just been bogged down lately.

8. Cypher

Cypher Member

May 4, 2012
    Looking forward to your Mods if you have the time to share it with us this weekend!

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And I don't know why that poop emoji appears all over my post where I put dash signs, maybe it's because of bugs in the TA app.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    --Particle And Reflections Mod--

What it Does:
    Revamps the explosions, reflections, and adds better water to liberty city.

Link:
    http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5022

Instructions:
    Download the mod and follow the instructions on the notepad file using iexplorer to replace the files. Unfortunately, I do not have acsess to a PC as of right now, so I cannot do a walkthrough for installing the mod. As I recall, the notepad file was self explanatory, but only replace your particle.cfg file, located in the main directory. If you add any of the other ones, your game will crash upon loading. Do so at your own risk!!

Also, if you are adventurous and tech savvie, gta garage is a great site to find new mods. I've tried a lot of them, and some work, some crash your game upon loading while others are simply buggy. Don't try the hd vehicle mod or any mod that adds hd original vehicles, those crash your game. Probably the excessively high poly count, though I have a hard time believing that.

Finally, back up your save files and the original particle.cfg file, just in case something goes wrong. If anyone could recommend a good free site to upload files, I will try and upload my .img (custom cars) file, my handling file and my .set file (skid smoke, tire skid marks, leaves/newspapers around city, more blood, etc).

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The .set file will also enable antialiasing, by the way.

12. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Wow - this sounds amazing. If you can put this pack up for others to try that would be fantastic. MediaFire is probably the best large file sharing site I know of - it's free but you have to create an account to upload. http://www.mediafire.com/ SendSpace looks like an alternative but I haven't used it: http://www.sendspace.com/ Thanks for your work on this!

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

It was all part of my quest for a snazzier and better looking gta!

Alright will do, I'll try and upload those files today, possibly, or if not this weekend.

Is there an easy way to upload screenshots from the TA app (which I'm using)? I can give you guys a feel for what the game looks like and a birds eye view of liberty city from the dodo.

I'm also working on finding a dismemberment mod, if you guys remember in real gta (a compilation of many mods that put gta3 up there with SA graphically) you could shoot limbs and heads off. I'm not a sick person, but that does make for better gang wars! So if anyone knows anything about that mod or some links to it I could probably get it working. I can't use the files from real gta because it's an installer.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    --------------------------particle.cfg-------------------------

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?32ud6r6vte9va0i

Vastly superior reflections, lighting, particles and explosions. Replace the particle.cfg in your main directory with this one.

------------------------------------gta3.set-------------------------------

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?65fqztef9w5dcbd

Adds extra smoke, tire skids, blood and dirt skids, leaves/newspapers floating around liberty, more blood, antialiasing, etc. Replace the gta.set in your documents directory with this one.

--------------------handling-----------------

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6mfv4gkcbjc6u5d

Makes the dodo much easier to fly, tweaks most of the sports cars and some other cars' handling. (ie the cheetah now has better acceleration but difficult to handle, the stinger has very low center of gravity so it rarely flips, etc.) Replace the handling.cfg file in your main directory with this one.

----------------------------------NOTES-------------------------
    I am not responsible if you mess up your game. Please back up all files that you replace and your saves, located in the documents folder. I am currently running all of these mods on The "new" iPad and run it @ 50-60 fps with no crashing.

This mod pack is geared toward a5 users and up. A4 users, mod at your own risk. The only mods I'd recommend would be the handling and the .set.

None of these mods are of my own creation, except for the handling mod. I merely compiled and tested the mod pack.

-—-----------------------EXTRA NOTE----------------------

Mediafire kept giving me an error when I tried to upload my .img file, which contained all my custom cars. If anyone wants to help me out on this, I'll upload that file. The error was something about "cannot upload" and "connection timed out". The file was around 150mb, maybe that's why. (it contained all the models for gta, plus the extra high poly ones I added)

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Tell what you guys think of my mod pack if you try it!

16. Cypher

Cypher Member

May 4, 2012
    Mediafire allows filesizes up to 200mb,you should try to zip/winrar the file rename it and then upload it That might do THE trick,love your Mods would be even better with Your custom cars :)

17. Thanks, will check on iPod Touch 4G when I get time to upload these onto it

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Careful about the 4g, there's a lot of extra stuff I added that'll make an a4 chug along slowly, though if you are willing to risk the crashing go for it.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ok, good idea. I'll probably upload tomorrow, however, I have some tests this weekend so will be pretty busy. Hopefully I can, though.

I'm going to go through my img file and just revamp the whole thing. You a5 users and up, get ready for a treat because I'm going to totally max out the car models as absolutely much as I can. I'm talking SA or better if I can find good enough models. I already found this mini cooper that looks unbelievable...

Hopefully a4 will be able to run it, too.

The cars like the dumpster and whoopee will stay, but most of the rest will be replaced by much better models. I have most of the files I need, now I just need to test and compile the best ones.

I would greatly appreciate it of I could get some feedback as to how well my pack is running on your devices. Is it laggy when you skid with all the extra smoke? Does the framerate drop at all? (it shouldn't). Let me know the device and performance so I can know what the limit is and compile an a5x, a5, and a4 mod pack. I seriously doubt that there will be much of
    Any between the a5 and a5x, though. This is a 10+ yr old ps2 game we're talking about, people! Very little hardware limitations with beefier GPUs.

Hopefully I can work on getting flyable helicopters (there is already a plane!) and stunt parks soon. If you want a different looking Claude, perhaps one with a bandana or no shirt or goth etc please let me know, I might be able to get that working.

Finally, if you want to cruise the web looking for cool gta mods but don't have time/knowledge to
    do it yourself, post the link and I'll take a look. I'm always up for a challenge, though some mods simply do not work, unfortunately.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    if you try it lemme know how the performance is so I can adjust it.