Should TA tune down the iPad hype o meter?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by chickdigger802, Apr 3, 2010.

1. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    It seems like the past week all the articles are all ipad related stories. This probably brings a lot of traffic, but it also irritates all the old TA visitors.

Lets be honest, people that own iphones and/or ipod touches are most likely not gonna spend half a grand on this fat pad.

Hopefully all this hype dies out in a week or so, or at least stop 'delaying' all the iphone/ipod touch app releases Apple =.=

2. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I fixed for you :D:D:D:D

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I think some TouchArcade members should tune down the Whine-O-Meter.

4. Johno

Johno Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    This. Honestly does it bother you that much? Even though I'm not getting an ipad I still think it's interesting looking at all the titles for the ipad.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Holy shit this times a million.

6. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Going from some of their initial impressions (e.g. Geometry Wars) I think TA is just in a hurry to show everyone how much fun they're not having in order to get back to standard iDevice gaming as quickly as possible.

7. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I for one could deal with ipad news for the next week if there is a 2 ipad to 1 itouch news stories. But, after a week or two it should be a one to one ratio.

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    So we can say 'shit' without getting an infraction? ;)

9. ImaRetroMan

ImaRetroMan Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    La Puente, CA
    Yeah I don't mind looking at the wonderful, HD graphics and the super high prices and knowing that I can't buy any of those... :(

10. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    As long as the description under your user id says "Admin" ;)

11. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Speak for yourself, noobie. A lot of us are excited about the iPad.

Mmmm...hmmm.

12. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    As much as I agree, I don't think you can blame TA for covering their medium. The iPad is a gaming rig just as much as the other iDevices.

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Just separate the news for the iPhone/iPod Touch and the iPad.

14. Sfv818

Sfv818 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Buying Apps!
    California
    Ya tone it down please, whats next iMac games? Its a "iDevice" by definition right??? Lets keep it to iPhone and iPod games. TA is starting to look a little cluttered. How about a seperate site for iPad games?

15. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

You'll never make everyone happy, but I'd suspect the majority of TA visitors are very curious about the iPad as well; I know I certainly am. I'd keep the coverage exactly like it is.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

We were thinking of expanding out to ColecoVision games.

17. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    #17 Adams Immersive, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
    It’s iPad release week, and as an iPhone user I’m very interested in iPad news. I hope it continues. But of course it will subside into a mix of both game sizes as this initial launch period passes.

I puzzled over that question as well, and then I found a clue: there is no “i” in the name of this site—but rather the word “touch” :p

18. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    I'm not sure why this is such a huge deal to so many people. I have little interest in getting an iPad, but why shouldn't they be excited about it? It's coverage will probably die down soon enough anyway.

19. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I have 0 interest in the iPad (and most other Apple products, really aside from my iPod Touch), but I think the news about it is interesting from a tech perspective. Still haven't seen anything that'd make me want to get one, but I find the coverage worthwhile at least.

20. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    Good question...ah NO.

I have an itouch and this is my favorite site. I now have an iPad and I love how much game info that is being covered for it. If they didn't I'd be looking elsewhere so obviously the touch arcade staff knows what they're doing (or what he's doing).

Skip what you don't want to read, and deal with it; it's a new piece of "touch" gaming hardware, and I believe the name of this site is "Touch" arcade. I didn't see any joysticks on the ipad, but I did see damn awesome gaming and will gravitate toward any site the supports it.