Zombox

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zombox, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jeanreno

jeanreno Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Great updates, swarming looks really cool!

2. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    Looking slick.

3. SouperSauce

SouperSauce Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Roseville, CA, US
    Awesome! I hope you put an airhorn in the game. What about vehicles? The only one shown was that red car from the old builds. Will there be lots of vehicles? Can you maybe customize them? Customize like paint job, performance, and maybe add-ons like a spiked front. Or something. You should be able to use horns. And I hope there's a tank, and a "hog" motorcycle.

4. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Vehicles are definitely a possibility, and in the early build vehicles I had them, however as the game became more complex, vehicles caused a lot of performance issues on iOS devices....so they probably won't show up in the first release. However, the engine supports them so if I can work out the bottleneck they're causing in the physics system, I'll add them in later.

5. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Looks really great so far

6. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Zombox now features building construction!

Players can now create their own fortifications for fending off the zombie attacks.

Also, I'm working on implementing a crafting system, so players can use debris found throughout the world to construct the objects necessary to create walls and doorways.

Click here to read more about the latest changes on the devblog. Or, view the following animations to see the building system in action!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    Few zombie games excite me, but I'm always glad when I see you posting an update on Twitter. This fortification system was not something I was expecting - it looks very interesting.

8. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Wow, that is a really cool feature. More excited than ever.:D

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    This game looks amazing... but I have a fear of pricing structure; wil this be straight pay or will it turn into some crazy freemium stuff? It just seems too good to be true.

10. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    A straight payment will give you the entire game.

However, there is also in-game currency (zombucks), which can be collected by killing zombies or trading in scavenged items in order to purchase things from NPCs. If you do not wish to spend the time killing zombies or trading in scavenged items in order to collect zombucks, you will be able to purchase zombucks-packs through in-app purchases.

So, you'll get the full game with your initial purchase, and you'll also be able to buy extra zombucks with in-app purchases, but there will be nothing in the game that is excluded from users who do not wish to make use of the in-app purchase system.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Wow... can't wait for the release. Thanks to the developer for trying some gutsy things to break the mold here.

12. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    this game looks amazing I can't wait for it to come out.

13. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm just a guy trying to make a fun zombie game :)

14. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    If we can get some type of touch controls (perhaps something along the lines of Extraction) as an alternative to the virtual stick, I'll be interested.

15. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Will there ever be a beta because I would love to help if not keep up the great work.:D

16. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    This type of control scheme wouldn't work well in Zombox (and I'd argue that it's not that great in Extraction either), because you need to see the screen at all times....but that becomes a problem when you're constantly covering it with fingers to navigate around.

That being said, the virtual joypads in Zombox do track with your fingers, so you can move them around while they are activated. This means you don't have to worry about your fingers going outside of the joypad hotzone or losing track mid-press.

17. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    #117 zombox, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    More updates to Zombox this week!

New weapons can be crafted, building supplies can be gathered from fallen debris, the construction tool has been updated with repair/destroy models, and new particle effects have been added.

Watch this video to see all the new features!:

18. Kehaan

Kehaan Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Its getting better and better :D

19. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks! Still much more to come :)

20. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Here are a couple of teaser images from this week's upcoming progress report, where I'll introduce some new craftable weapons.

Is that a fiery crossbow and a flaming flyswatter? :D

[​IMG]