Is anyone actually getting the white iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Sinecure Industries, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

I considered it when the iPhone 4 was launching but went with black by defualt. One of our guys wrote up a funny blog entry on waiting for the white and why white is a lousy color: iWant White

2. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    I'm still using a 3GS, but I think I'll wait for the 5. generation.

3. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I didn't like white at all, at first. Back in the day, I got a whitebacked iPhone 3G because it was the only one left. Surprisingly, it grew on me. It did look good and everyone else had boring black.

Having said that, I can't get used to the idea of white all around the screen. A dark border is optically optimal. Apple understands this.

[​IMG]

This is a confusing bit of æsthetic back-pedalling. I hope the iPhone 5orwhatever has a whiteback/blackfront ☯ of perfectness.

4. pchukwura

pchukwura Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Co-Founder/Software Engineer
    Atlanta
    meh... Even though I got the black iPhone 4 on day one, i still am not a fan of the white one. I opted for the black iPad 2 as well.

5. Noodler

Noodler Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I am very disappointed they have not made a luminous blue and white one:eek:

6. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

If it wasn't so expensive off contract, maybe ;)

Would've used my 2 year upgrade for it had this happened like a week ago.

7. dafalcon

dafalcon Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Las Vegas, NV
    White iPhone

I thought that the white looked particularly good with the colorful bumper cases, but I agree that a black border is less distracting and preferable (In other words, I'll stick with the black version for myself). I can see the appeal of the white model though, especially for people who want an iPhone but still want some way to stand out from the crowd. On that note, it could be interesting to show screenshots of your game framed in the white iPhone if only to be different.

8. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Hah, I've seen people do that without the white iPhone 4 existing yet