My Brute Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Moonmist, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    I would like to discuss the game My Brute. I want to know what people think about it and what they would like to change.

The only thing that I'm not really a fan of is the 5 fights per day. I think that is way too short. I think a much better way would be like 5 fights per 6 hours. That way you couldn't just sit there and fight all day to level your character up, but your still playing for more than a couple minutes each day.

The only other thing I don't like is the whole pupil system. I don't like the fact that you have to recruit pupils to be able to add more brutes. In the description it says you can have up to either 8 or 9 (I forget) brutes, but you can only have that many if you recruit like 20 people. You do start off with 3 brutes however.

I am actually really enjoying this "game", I like to watch my brutes fight and I love seeing how they upgrade and compete against other brutes.

If you haven't tried it yet, at $.99 you really can't go wrong. It will occupy about like 20 minutes of your life each day just with the fighting and then the recruiting is optional, but it will take up a lot of time.

By the way if your new and would like to be my pupil and part of the Jedi Knights, look in my signature for the code since this is not an add me spamming code thread.

What do you guys think about this "game"?

2. DirkRugged

DirkRugged Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Games Designer
    At the moment Calgary AB, Canada
    Haven't played it yet, but it has intrigued me for some time now. I take it you would recommend it?

3. Moonmist

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    Yeah as long as your not looking for an indepth game.

Pretty much you can create 3 brutes when you first start, each of those brutes can do 5 fights a day. The fights play out automaticall and all you do is watch. You gain xp from each fight, 2 xp if you win and 1 xp if you lose. After getting so much xp you gain levels. At each level one of your stats will increase and you will be given a special "gift". This can either be an animal (dog, wolf, bear, etc), a weapon, or a special skill.

To me it's just fun to watch my brute fight and level up and gain new skills, then watch them use those in battle. As far as I can tell it's completely random.

When you first start out if you join someone's dojo and become their pupil, you will receive x2 exp for the first 3 days. This helps a LOT in helping you level your characters up.

If you recruit other people to become your pupils, you will unlock stuff such as new arenas to fight in (purely cosmetical) and new brute slots. So if you get the game please join my dojo to help me get more brutes :) :).

But yeah I wouldn't really call it a game because all you do is choose who you want your brute to fight, but it is definately entertaining.

4. SeanIvy

SeanIvy Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    3d Designer
    Portsmouth, VA. U.S.A.
    I liked the idea of MyBrute, I think they should have 2 different fight types.

5/day 'arena' fights, as it currently is, but unlimited 'spars' that would allow you to watch your brute to fight for no xp, because it *is* entertaining.

5. Moonmist

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    yeah that actually would be awesome... if they did something like the first 5 fights of the day you got xp but after that you didn't get anything. I sometimes go watch the fights that happen when other people attack me and I don't get anything, but I still watch them because I enjoy it.

6. jdigitL

jdigitL Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i joined your dojo... my clan is roundhaus!!

7. Moonmist

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    thank you :) very much appreciated

8. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I don't understand how people have so much items when I only have around 2 at level 7. And also some people, level 5 have max str and stuff like that. I don't understand how it works. Care to explain?

9. Moonmist

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    it's all random on what you get. For instance when you upgrade a level it might give you a skill to be quicker or strike back or something like that, and they will get a weapon.

It just depends what they give you when you level up.

10. FatherVincent

FatherVincent New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    99 cents well spent.....

Ever since getting turned on by a friend to the online version of this game the "My Brute" app on my iTouch was fantastic to find. The fact that runs on a randomness is what is so unique. you might think that the brutes you have right now are weak but after a few level ups things can drastically change then again you can start all over again no big deal... simple fact is it's fun to watch the little guys fight. the hardest part of this game is finding pupils thats where the competitive part of the game comes in the more pupils you have the faster you advance in levels become more powerful and become known and see your name in lights... that being said whoever reads this and is playing the game i have one request if you haven't found your Master consider joining my DoJo... Now i am not going to promise rare Powers or Powerful Weapons and the Best Pets as i said before it's all random but my Bear DoJo will increase your defenses and your Exp will be boosted for 3 days... plus you will earn a friend that will answer your questions when needed...
    So enter My Master Code : HHJCAIFE to become my pupil then email me at
    [email protected] to let me know...:cool: