iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It's still broken, man. Don't buy it. It's never getting fixed.

2. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

lol by some small miracle maybe it will start to work again on iOS 8?
    Doubt it though. Too bad, it was a great game while it lasted.

3. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    It technically still works on iOS 7. You have to let the intro movie (i.e. a black screen) completely play through (if I remember right it has no sound), and then the start menu will appear. The only thing is there is NO way to skip the into movie, so you'll have to stare at a black screen for about a minute or two each and every time you'd like to play the game. I decided that it just wasn't worth it since there are plenty of other great RPGs I still need to play on the AppStore. So, being that I deleted it a while ago, I can't say whether this "trick" still works or not with iOS 8. Either way, I just wanted to share what I knew about it. It's really a shame that this game didn't get better support because it was actually one of the more interesting RPGs I'd played.

4. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    get it for psp/vita if you want to play it. on IOS it never played right, shame cause it costs so much and they continue to sell a broken game

5. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
  6. NightS0ul

NightS0ul New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    anyone tried it on ios 8 ???

7. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    It will be a miracle if someone could said this one works well on ios8

8. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm sure that it still, technically, works, but I'm sure that the blank screen at the intro movie (that I'd mentioned a on the page before this one) is still an issue. It's just not worth the frustration if you ask me. There's plenty of great RPGs to choose from now these days. :)

9. Leo loz

Leo loz New Member

Dec 29, 2014
    crimsom gem saga

I downloaded this game a few weeks ago on my ios7 device...but it crashes constantly :( when I first start the game, I can hear the intro music but the screen stays black (that's pretty weird) and after 10 to 15 minutes of playing the game crashes! Please do something about it! :(

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nobody's doing anything about it coz the game hasnt been updated for a while and wasnt working since... since forever.

11. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    This game just should be taken out the app store, devs never are going to care of iOS version

12. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Damn it, Inwas hoping that a new post here meant they had updated it.

13. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I totally agree. There should be some kind of regulation that games be removed after a period of inactivity from the developer (to the point where compatibility is a dire issue).

14. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    Yes it should Be

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same as this game's thread in TA. Seeing it bumped gives a false hope that it somehow works.

16. princia

princia Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    student
    Belfort, France
    ios 8.3 iphone 6

Well well, guys the game actually works very well. Just in the beginning you could no more see the intro movie. I'm playing CGS on my iphone 6 curretly on the version 8.3 so go and play. You must wait until the intro movie finish and you gonna see the launch screen.

And I also try to contact the developper but no answer coming from SK telecom, Atlus or Ironnos Games. Nate games also doesn't talk. The game is no longer available for downloading on the App Store and I think it's because Apple said that every body must update their apps if not its gonna be put out of the Store.
    (while you can download it from your purchase screen on the store)

Let's make a petition to force the developper to update this game because its one of the best rpg on the store

:):(

17. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I thought this game was awesome actually. I just played it on a psp emulator for ipad. You def need an faq for a few of the dungeons since they are laid out terribly and confusingly. But the combat and systems in place are some of my favs, along with the graphics.

18. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I got a good bit into this game on ios a few years back. I loved the game and it's story, but the horrible menu interface was pretty unforgiving. However, after the intro movie stopped working, and there wasn't a quick way to simply jump back into the game, I quickly lost interest. It was just too much effort to waste every time I wanted to load a saved game. Hopefully the developer will eventually patch it, but Im not getting my hopes up.

19. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    It was a pretty iffy port even back when it mostly worked. The fact that they arbitrarily cut the bulk of the dialogue kind of indicates how disinterested they were in doing it right the first time.

And yeah, seeing this thread bumped always gets my hopes up. I didn't really get that far into the game because of rampant crashes back when I got it, but it's clearly one of the better RPGs on iOS if it were only ported better.

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Works great on my old iPhone 4 with iOS 5 or 6. But that's the only way if play it anymore. But I probably won't since there are so many Dragon Quest games to play. And I'm now on an iPhone 5S.