Game Center Achievements are Very Important to Me

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DonnyDJ76, Mar 10, 2016.

1. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
  2. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Since "achievements" have absolutely no impact on my enjoyment of a video game I will gladly touch this one with a ten foot pole. :)

3. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Actually yes there is. 20 of them

4. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    I mean absolutely no unkindness toward someone who this is important to, but what is the significance of GC achievements beyond personal fulfillment? If you get a certain amount of points, do you win something?

Some people are very passionate about this, and I'm curious as to why.

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Different people's brains are geared differently. I'm concrete, overanalytical and goal oriented. Since I'm # 651 last time I checked out of approximately 400 million GC accounts worldwide, it means something to me. I've never jailbroken any devices either so points are legit. To each his own.

6. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    That's great...however you might want to present that perspective in a different way? Something like "this looks like a nice port of a great game but since I really enjoy collecting GC achievements and this game doesn't have them I think I'll pass." Saying "I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole" kinda implies a pretty negative take on the game over something that really doesn't have much to do with how good the game actually may be.

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thank you for that I as well could care less. What I do love is not only is their the story mode but I really like the free roaming mode option as well!

8. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Wow...n i thought my 70,467 place was good out of 400 million lol

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i think that people who gives priority to stay on top in GC, over the quality and the various aspects of a game, have a big problem of self esteem, be on top of the world is the only way to get noticed... so the game becomes an optional for them.

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013

Hey congrats on the leaderboard number man. That is mighty impressive. Here's hoping you find more games with fun and unique acheivements to enjoy.

11. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I like achievements as well, but I'm not gonna pass on a great game because there are no GC achievements. I'll bet they add GC in an update for Retro City anyway. Sadly, my Game Center has been broken for the past 6 months, so I'm way behind on achievements and leaderboards unfortunately...

12. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    What? I am sorry doc, but how? HOW?
    Being competitive doesn't proove such a thing.

13. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Agreed

14. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I think the issue is truly competitive persons will chose competitions where their skills can be rewarded with something other than a meaningless number. Other than that, purposely missing on quality games because they don't provide such a number is, imo, a bit daft.

15. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Exactly my point. Thank you.

16. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I don't care if a game has them or not. Achievements didn't really come around until the XBOX 360 and by that time I had already been playing games without them for 20 years. So to me they are unnecessary but I guess if you like them then more power to you.

17. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    i prefer leaderboards to achievements but you cannot beat a bit of good game center integration. It just makes it a bit more fun for some - me included. I got that game center bug over Christmas and I really did stop playing and buying games. We all have our crosses to bear but if GC helps to make you happy and noone's hurt in the process then it can only be a good thing (or otherwise).

18. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Same here Donny, I am number 1077 at the moment out of 420 million people, I live for that excitment Ha ha, working my way up, just want to be in the top 1000.

Just wondering how some people have millions of points though.

19. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    I used to care about achievements on my Xbox 360 but I don't care about them on iOS devices at all because of the way they are implemented. I'd care if we had a gamer score. I don't care much about leaderboards on iOS either because whenever you need to check them, there's this white window thing that pops up and I hate it. I like in-game leaderboards with in-game graphics.

20. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Hack? Cheat?