Snowy's Christmas Pinball - Screenshots from Matmi

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Matmi, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    #1 Matmi, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    Snowy's Christmas Pinball!

All snowy wants is to keep his balls for Christmas and its up to you! Scrooge will try to take them off you and Santa will try and loose them in his grotto but rest assured - whizzing a golden ball around has never been so entertaining

[hqyoutube]15tP65EM8XU[/hqyoutube]

3 crazy tables filled with more goals than you can shake Snowy's stick-like arm at. Wonderful soundtracks and sound effects to get you festive. Previewers are loving it and its not even Christmas yet.

This latest pinball game from the makers of the highly acclaimed 'Monster Pinball' which became Apples very own app of the week. We have pulled a sparkling blinder out of the bag - This app features all of the up and coming updates to 'Monster Pinball' including 3 difficulty settings and Facebook integration allowing the users to have their very own score table amongst friends and view it all from within the apps 3 scoreboard systems - local/worldwide/facebook. There are too many upgrades to mention so needless to say - Check it out! Coming Sooooon!

Attached Files:

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Hey guys,

1. I absolutely hate holiday season themed games and apps like all the Halloween crap.

2. I absolutely LOVE the pics of this game. You hit my nerve again totally.
    The style is soooo beautiful!

That's why I have to say: 1:0 for you against my aversion ;)
    I will definetly get this one as my only EVER christmas game.
    At least I got another fantastic pinbal game, and you won't disappoint.

(And I hope to see a Robot Pinball one day, you may copy my robots for a little cameo, thanks) :)

3. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    Its weird that you say that. I am a bit of a misery at Christmas and for the past 6 years I have gone to the other side of the world to escape the Christmas madness.

However for the past 3 years my company has had the busiest Christmas viral games in the world. (Ho Ho Ho Yellow Snow, Santa Fartypants etc)

Unfortunately or fortunately for you (depends which way you look at it), we have another two Christmas games in production at the moment.

Our other Christmas games have nothing to do with pinball!

Snowys Christmas Pinball is a pinball tower. Santa at the top, Snowy in the middle (the start screen) and Scrooge at the bottom.

I will keep you posted. Video coming soon.

4. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    i want this now.

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    My problem with these games is, that it's really just cool during the right days.
    I really don't wanna hear any Christmas melody in January. So I know, the game will be deleted then. Otherwise, I always thought about having carnival in a Santa Claus costume :) So out of place, that it's cool.

And very personal, Christmas is more an ugly mess in my mind.
    Taking ugly trees and making them even more ugly, hearing annoying music all the time and waiting for the Coca Cola guy... is a bit strange to me... :)
    The only advantage Christmas is a tasty season :) ... but as I said, very personal...

I will get your game(s) anyway, in terms of style, nobody beats you and if it's fun like Monster Pinball is.... this way please! :)

Wish you good luck with it. Could be a success. There are still not enough good pinball apps out there. So, still time to make a buck.

6. vicente.ramirezch

vicente.ramirezch Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 8, 2009
    Santiago, Chile.
  7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    lol +1 despise all the christmas/holiday stuff

...but this looks good and I know you guys know how to make a good pinball game, and santa is only on the 1 table

...heh heh you could have just made it wintery and not christmasy with yeti, snowball/blizzard, and snowmen

8. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Has this been submitted yet?

Monster pinball remains one of my 20 favorite games out of my 900+

cant wait!

9. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Looks great, and I like it that a soundtrack was added in. It was one of the things I felt was missing in Monster Pinball.

10. Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Slaving peon.
    Not here; not there; not anywhere!
    Doh! Guess that answers my question in another thread since I didn't see this one earlier. I'm definitely interested, even though I usually avoid games based on Christmas - 99.9% of them are craptacular. The stacking of the three tables does sound pretty cool.

Now that that's said, can we at some point expect to see a real successor to Monster Pinball without a holiday theme?

11. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    It will be sumitted on Monday. I hope Apple approve quickly. Thanks for your comment.

Yeh, we are just finishing the soundtrack. Music in games can be annoying especially Christmas Music but I think our choice will be good.

I know what you mean, but we are trying to spread a bit of Christmas spirit.

We are famous for our Christmas games (even though I really do not enjoy Christmas) I guess my enjoyment comes from other people having fun with my Christmas wares.

We may have another pinball game coming. I can't really say much at the moment.

What I can say is we are releasing two more Christmas games one called ELF and another called Ho Ho Ho Yellow Snow (I'm sure you can guess). We have another 10 games in production. Expect a lot of Matmi magic in the new year.

12. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    Snowys Christmas Pinball has been submitted and we are waiting. I really hope Apple do not have any delays in passing this as Crimbo is only around the corner :)

Building on the pioneering technology created for Monster Pinball (which we have just won best mobile / handheld game of the year 2009 for at the Roses), Snowy’s Christmas Pinball seems even faster and more in depth than its predecessor.

About Snowy’s Christmas Pinball:

3 fun packed, interconnected tables with varied and unique goals and deep and engaging gameplay
    60fps giving extra-smooth gameplay
    Realistic physics engine makes the game seem even faster than Monster Pinball.
    Accelerometer tilt function
    Hotball feature – Score double points when active
    Amazing graphics and animations
    Unique sound effects in stereo
    Bespoke music for each level
    Pause, Save and Resume
    Local and Online scoreboards plus Facebook Connect
    Created specifically for the iPhone/iPod Touch
    Created by the wonderful minds of Matmi

Fingers crossed Apple will love it as much as they did Monster Pinball.

13. Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Slaving peon.
    Not here; not there; not anywhere!
    Looking forward to it. :cool:

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    This looks fun and, while like many others not usually a fan of Holiday themed games, I see this as a cool exception!

I think why most of the other holiday themed games suck so hard is that...

1) The vast majority are just re-skins of their existing games. While I get this is an easy tweak for developers I don't understand why they'd think folk who already are fans of the original would want to re-buy your game for slightly different graphics or who would, never having been interested enough to buy the original game, want an app that would really only be remotely relevant for a few weeks at best?

2) The few that aren't re-skins tend to be insipid quickly whipped up crap like "Frosty the Snowman's Match'em" (find the matching cards in the 5x5 grid of face down cards).

Thanks for actually creating something NEW! :D

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The tower idea sounds awesome. I'd really like a pinball game totally based around that idea, literally design it as a creepy medieval tower, start at the bottom and have about 8-10 separate tables going completely vertical, with each table being harder and harder to access. Stick a different enemy on each table to give them each their own theme (skeleton knight, evil sorcerer, etc), and put something like a princess or a treasure chest on the top table. If you can reach the top you'll be getting some insane multipliers.

16. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    Its taken us months to make this new game. We wanted to make it even more advanced and detailed than MP. It is crimbo themed without being over the top.

We are submitting another new game to Apple this week called Ho Ho Ho Yellow Snow (it certainly is nothing to do with pinball!)

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    "Crimbo"?

18. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    UK slang for Christmas ;)

19. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    how much is this going to be? same price as MP?

20. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    It will be cheaper than Monster Pinball.