Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I cant find the website but believe me its a direct jab at the 3ds and the lack of a native second analog stick. And remember not just fps use the second analog stick. A big feature in some 3ds games is whether the developer supports the circle pad pro which is the only way to get a true second analog stick on the system. :D

2. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    This is a pattern with Sony, I seem to remember another ad with a kid on a bus poking fun at 'mobile phone games', effectively targeting Apple and I guess Android.... but, seriously, what are they trying to achieve? This kind of direct marketing is a woefully desperate and childlike strategy imo.

Maybe Sony should up their sales before such brazen defiance to systems which dominate their own. Get smart, Sony... and fix my shoddy Vita wifi!

3. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Mine is also WIFI only. 3 or 4 bars 6 meters away would only work for me if in the same room as router with literally nothing in the way. Are you usually in the same room?

At work we have 17 different access points, and yesterday I tested with the Vita / iphone together. With no walls, the Vita held signal up to about 10 meters, but then I discovered it wouldn't auto switch to a new AP even when standing directly underneath it. The iphone was flawless in this switching. I had to manually disconnect and reconnect the Vita and it seemed confused for at least a minute.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just downloaded the youtube app and I think it's pretty cool I wish they would put that effort into improving the browser.

Also my vita is fine with wifi ussually shows full bars and my router is ancient it's an old linksys wrt54g (I still use it because it's rock solid the only time I ever managed to crash it was with itunes sync).

Also think Resistance is pretty good actually I hate the blocky video clips but I'm actually pretty amazed some reviewers were so harsh on it after playing it.

5. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    "With only one thumb, it's only half the FPS console experience. Thumbs up for dual analog."

I fail to see how this is direct marketing, or childlike. I remember Nintendo advertising their 3D element yet I thought nothing of it, just a company promoting their system's exclsive features. The PSP also has a single analog btw.

6. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm normally in a different room. The room I use it in the most has a wall and a fireplace between it and the router- and I still get a good signal.

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    YO 1337Brian, are you in the US? If so, I've got a REALLY pretty present for you that I'm not able to put to use.

8. #2568 Haruhi, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    That's a pretty good price. Unfortunately for me, TigerDirect Canada doesn't seem have Vita stuff at all.

10. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Wanting to get MGS today but no one has it!!! Will have to try supermarkets tonight
    Damn you HMV/Gamestations!! Stock Lego Batman but not Metal Gear?!? Madness!

11. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I've just picked up the 'only' copy GAME had in stock! Seriously, ONE copy?

12. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

What good cases are there? I need one that can protect the Vita, so not a pouch but more like a hard case. Thanks :)

13. mashead2000

Noooooo gimmee it lol, off to Game tonight after work but yeah doubt theyl have any left-stupid-i thought this is a system seller game and no ones getting it

FIngers crossed for Asda or Tesco :)

And as for hard cases i have the custom hard case but hated it so went with the official zip pouch - its pretty well padded and has room for games and earphones :)

14. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater looks and plays like the greatest handheld game ever. Astonishing. Amazing. Stunning. Obviously, it loses some juice for being a Ps2 port. Although with HD enhancements, it does not look graphically like a ps2 game. Still, it's not a new game and that is the only thing that slightly tarnishes it. But the 9.0 rating it received from IGN is well justified. Metal Gear Solid 2 shows its age, mostly due to antiquated camera and control flaws. But MGS3 is a breathless sight to see. And that comes from someone who isn't a fan of stealth games in general, or Metal Gear Solid games specifically. But even I can appriciate what a marvel this game is for a handheld/portable device.

15. mashead2000

Just got last copy from Game lol :) only £29.99!!! Bargain gonna play on it all night methinks lol

16. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    You do know it's £19.99 on the psn store, right?

17. mashead2000

Lol yeah but im a hard copy guy-my 8gb cards almost full-the MGs is 4gb?or 3

Not gonna buy an empty card for 40quid then pay another 30 for a game lol, well not MGS but most games

18. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Ah right yeah fair enough. I'm tempted to pick it up myself but would prolly just download... What do you think so far?

Foosball 2012 is supposedly out tomorrow, am i the only one pumped for that? Lol

19. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Gamestop is having several Vita games on sale as part of their Gamestock promotion starting 7/4- saw this on Cheapassgamer. I think it's a US only promotion.

Wednesday 7/4 ONLY :
    MLB 12 Vita $19.99

Thursday 7/5 ONLY:
    Unit 13 Vita $19.99

Friday 7/6 ONLY:
    Reality Fighters Vita $14.99
    Little Deviants Vita $14.99

Saturday 7/7 ONLY:
    Mortal Kombat Vita $19.99
    (on sale for $29.99 from 7/4-7/10)

Sunday 7/8 ONLY:
    Wipeout 2048 Vita $19.99

Saturday 7/9 ONLY:
    Modnation Racers Vita $19.99

Additional deals:
    -Army Corps of Hell and Touch My Katamari are $19.99 until 7/17
    -Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen is $29.99 until 7/17
    -Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 is $14.99 until 7/10
    -Buy a PS Vita from 7/4-7/10 get a $50 gift card

I'm definitely picking up Unit 13 and Mortal Kombat. Might pick up Katamari or Reality Fighters too.

20. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #2580 Teknikal, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    I'm downloading wipeout hd and fury right now and considering using the rest of my credit for modnation racers while it's quite cheap.

Not really a huge fan of kart games but I do like driving games and WRC is still a good bit off.

edit: Had a quick play of HD I like the tracks already they are much more wipeout in my mind than 2048 I can see myself really enjoying this DLC I also prefer the way the campaigns are laid out. Figured I'd buy Modnations as well as it's only about £8.99 at the minute on sale and I might even enjoy it.