Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not heard of torrent Eugekava?
    Hubby will see someone at work who should be able to access the series.
    Will let you all know how I go....thanks Aly for mentioning it.....sounds popular.

Has anyone here heard of the hunger games book series?
    I have it on my iPad but haven't started reading it yet.....I know Cazblu has been enjoying it though....believe it's either out or coming to the movies also

Apologies for side track folks....and no, don't think this has anything to do with dragons oopsy :p

2. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    #4442 Flip1329, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    Haha makes more sense! For a second there I was kinda excited though, Cooper is my little ones name and he loves Dv! :)

Thank you for all the congrats! And congrats to everyone else that got it too! Now I have a few more pages to read. Lol

There are a lot of us sapphire people here:)

3. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    just a status update to let you know that i'm still collecting dragons

(i started playing DV on October 30th 2011)

my level 10 dragons:

3x Rainbow
    4x Sun
    4x Moon
    LeapYear
    Emerald

my level 15 dragons:

2x Lichen
    2x Water
    2x Crystal
    2x Metal
    2x Panlong
    Plant
    Cactus
    Scorch
    Flower
    Fire
    Sakura
    Firefly
    Butterfly
    Lava
    Poison
    Mountain
    Moss
    Tree
    Quake
    Earth
    Dodo
    Clover
    Storm
    Lightning
    Love
    Bloom
    Steel
    Magnetic
    Iron
    Brass
    Rust
    Mine
    Chrome
    Bluefire
    Frostfire
    Ice
    Cold
    Snow
    Reindeer
    Iceberg
    Air
    Sandstorm
    Blazing
    Sonic
    Willow
    Fog
    Current
    Seaweed
    Swamp
    Mud
    Plasma

copper is breeding (i think)
    i hope i only miss the bone and hope that he will be available again this halloween

4. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    WOW!

I've been playing DV since late September 2011 and seeing your list, I really am wondering what I do with my earnings?!? :eek: It's like in real life, I don't have a clue. I don't have a strategy. I just spend and wwhile I'm having a lot of fun I certainly ain't getting the most of it. That is OBVIOUS! :D

Congrats to you apple-byte. I probably won't change my unexisting strategy, but I like you collection of lvl 15s. :)

5. Lel0501

Lel0501 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Got my copper from water/magnetic both level 11's in EBC. Was going for current and didn't realise there was new dragon out.. Had to check when got 20 hr timer. 1st attempt, such a relief after emerald:):)

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    That is great I can not believe so many got more than one so far I have only been able to breed one. I hope to get another but some have not even been able to get one. I am grateful for the one but still would like to have another. Congrats to everyone and good Luck to the ones that still do not even have one.

7. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Hunger Games series is awesome. I was sick in January and flew through all 3 books. I liked the 1st book better than the movie. Be prepared- once you start it's hard to put down. :D

8. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Good for you!!! I was actually in te same boat and this morning decided to go ahead and hatch it. I figured it was ether to get gems with I until I get all 12. Of course, later I will probably be wishing I had it on display, but oh well.... I am wishy-washy that way haha. Maybe the emerald gods will grace me with a third for display since I had such a horrible time getting my first. ;-]

9. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    My daughter is OBSESSED with Hunger Games!! She's read all of the books and went to see the film 4 times in a fortnight! I haven't got round to them yet..... Too busy with my games! :D will do one day though!

10. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Good to know that it works.:) A good combo for people trying for Current.

11. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Congratulations!! At last! So pleased for you!

It's a very pretty egg, almost a shame to hatch it....... Have been trying for my third so that I can display it but no luck so far...... I think my lichen and crystal may be getting a bit 'tired' now ;)

12. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    FANTASTIC NEWS!! So pleased for you, I can't believe how everyone's luck has changed this weekend!

Need some good news from Andy Pandy now? Belated birthday present?

Going to try for my copper now...

13. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    few days left, I haven't missed a single dragon since I started playing so I'm hoping I get lucky with the Emerald, then I'll go for copper

14. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Copper

Anyone know the incubation time for Copper? I tried water/magnetic and got a 20 hour wait. Don't want to use gems to find out! Thx.

15. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Well, another 48 hr fail for emerald.:( After that I decided to use the second cave for something else and now have my second butterfly on the way. After that goes to egg I'm back to both caves trying to get that $%@# emerald.

I loved the Hunger Games book. I liked the movie too...although of course the book was better. It's the first book I stayed up all night reading. I haven't read the other two yet but will after I finish reading "A Storm Of Swords" for the second time.

16. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    That is a Cooper!

17. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #4457 hookedat40, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    so much going on...

Hello forum friends...
    I have been busy doing "The Relay for Life" up here in Canada...it is a 12 hour outdoor event where you get pledges to walk (with a team) from 7pm-7am...it is a fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society. So I have been away from my dragons and the forum and have had a lot to catch up on.
    Still no luck for emerald here...2 48hr, 24 hr, and countless 12 & 14 hr failures...I have been trying with the same 2 pairs of lichen and crystal and mixing up the orders and pairs and still nothing! Going to try a new set of level 10's next. I was hoping after freezing my butt off all night some good breeding karma would come my way!
    Congrats to all who have succeeded! Doing the happy dance for all of you :p
    Game of Thrones in next on my reading list...haven't watched series yet...and I devoured Hunger Games series...haven't seen that movie either! My daughter has also loved the books and the movie. My other daughter also loves the Eragon book series, it is also about dragons and that is why we started with DV back in early Oct. It was originally intended to be a game for her...before I took over;)
    Wishing everyone breeding success!
    ps did anyone notice the egg change for firefly??

18. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hooked, sometimes you really need to focus on otherthings than the precious dragons. Good job! Hope you will be awarded with at least one Emerald in the next couple of days. :)

Haven't seen a firefly egg in ages, what has happened? *curious*

So, I logged in to tell y'all that I don't have a clue to why we (I) bother going for gold, since the shrines turn an ugly yellow. Anyway, all 4 Pan-element shrines are now yellow on my island. 4 to go. I think metal will be last, breeding Blooms for the other 3.

BFS probably have other plans. Copper and maybe a third Emerald are also on my list. And maybe I have to breed a Firefly just to see the new egg? I want it for display anyway. :rolleyes:

19. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Actually i like the new look of the firefly egg. Had to look up the pic on wiki dragonvale :D

20. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #4460 hookedat40, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    Firefly and Scorch have always been the same egg (red with a yellow lightning bolt) and when I went on DV today I noticed that my egg on a pedestal was now yellow with red flames. (I was getting loads of firefly/scorch fails while going for butterfly). Kinda crazy that they can change what already exists on your game...could be why weird things were happening and dragons disappearing for others or that Colosseum glitch with the metal event a while back.
    I don't like the gold shrines either...hence my lack of motivation to achieve them.