Did I Miss Something: New releases today?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Oct 11, 2011.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm pretty sure this is just a coincidence, but what is with all the NZ releases today? Did I travel back 2 days and forget about it? :confused: Weird....

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    OHHHHHHHH! Gotcha. Well, I'm on a 2g so iOS 5 was the last thing to pop into my mind. :D

4. ratcatcher

ratcatcher Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Wanderer
    US
    Does iOS 5 exist?

5. tecobiza

tecobiza Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Student
    Houston, TX
    How do you play really good games with a 2g? o.o Some don't support 2g. My sister has a 2g and she cant play crap lol

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Okay noob question !

ios 5, once its released (meant to be this week), is it advisable to install it ? Will all my other apps/games work fine if ios5 is installed or do i have to wait for 'special' new versions ?

Just with over 500 apps on my ipod i'm sure most wont be updated by the devs as some games are old.

Sorry for the newbie question, just wanted to double check

7. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    #7 Ghouls'R'us, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    iOS 5 brings many new features. It is up to you to figure if you need them. Read about it. It's a free update.

Some choose to wait until the first minor update comes out before upgrading to a major release. Point zero releases often contain unsuspecting bugs, some small and annoying, others big and unworkable. That's just the way it is with closed-development software. The majority of software will work correctly under new system versions, but a few will exhibit bugs when played under iOS 5. Patched releases are coming out even now. Unsupported titles might even be hopelessly broken. A real-life example: there was a critical bug in Glyder (1 or 2?) that made it unplayable under one of the later iOS releases. Instead of updating it, the developer, Glu, simply decided to remove it from the app store.

So, if you want to be safe, wait a while. If you feel that you must experience the new update, you can try to make sure that your most important apps and games work by researching on them but ultimately you'll have to make a blind, or blurry, jump.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks for that, appreciate it. Just got so many games i want to make sure they all work but like you say perhaps best to wait for a bit

Thanks

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well if I update to iOS 5.0 do the apps stay normal if I don't touch them?

10. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Of course they will, backwards compatibility is critical to Apple. Or ay operating system manufacturer for that matter.

If Apple broke all of your games and apps, would you still love them so much? :cool:

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    No... :p But I had iOS 4.2.1 pre-installed when I got my first iDevice which is iPod Touch 4G, so didn't know how this worked :p

12. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    There's certainly a lot going for iOS 5. If I had an iPhone, i would certainly update it instantly. The browsing, alt+tab sort of app switching, iMessaging are the major updates that iPhone users will definitely enjoy