Does Anyone Else Dislike "Top Down" Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gekkota, Jul 5, 2009.

1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I never buy any games where the view is "top down" because I don't like how they look. Whether it's [app]Car Jack Streets[/app] , [app]Dark Raider[/app] or any of the other top down games, one look at the screenshots and I move along to the next game. Maybe it's because everything in the top down games is so small, I just can't get into it. I know a lot of them get very good reviews, though. I'm just wondering how many other people also avoid top down games...:confused:

2. dhustead

dhustead Active Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Screenshots like that can usually turn me off. I get worried that my fat thumbs will take up too much screen real estate for me see all the small environment. I usually hold off on those games, waiting for reviews/videos etc.

3. Krispod

Krispod Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    You may dislike some of the top down games, but try chinatown wars! Then you will se things in a diffrent way ;-D

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    How can you not like top-down games? I love them. Tyrian, Nano Fighter, Belowscape, Isotope, Light Wars, iBomber, and blue defense are some of my favorites.

5. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    I dislike bad ones (CJS), and I refuse to buy stuff like Mass Effect and Dark Raider. If only a true GTA CW game came out, then it would change my mind.

6. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    I only dislike top down shooters like Star Trek but other than that I got no problem with top down games.

7. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Topdown games are pretty good, it's just some topdown games aren't meant for iTouch/iPhone.

8. nathancho

nathancho Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    College student
    Denver
    i hate top down games i bought CJS and Payback because they were in 3D but i just cant get into them.... idk why they just dont intrigue me.

9. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I don't like top down games either.

10. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    bottom up games are even worse all you see is the bottoms of feet shuffling back and forth and fat girls underwear. im glad there are no games like that. but i do like the top dpwn games that are mindless shooters. and i think cjs would be alot better if they used that half a steering wheel in the bottom corner control scheme like in ferrari gt. the car controls they got now are kinda the sux

11. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    to those who have posted about the games above, I hate them also... :|

12. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    I like top down games.

13. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I thought I'd try CJS when it was only 59p. I gave it my attention for about an hour but never got into it. I don't like how you can't see where you're going when driving because the screen is so small and you suddenly smash into a wall.