Knights of Pen and Paper: +1 Edition - (by Behold Studios)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #2 Aventador, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    Can't wait for update !
    Edit : I was wrong in thinking it was a separate app from original one

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #3 undeadcow, Mar 26, 2013
    Were you wrong? Much of the +1 Edition information suggests to me it will be a separate app. For example, polygon.com indicates it will be a different published (Paradox Interactive instead of the current Behold Studios). If it's a new app that seems like a raw deal for those of us who previously purchases (myself day one). It's not clear; did you get indication somewhere this will definitely be an update and not a new app? :confused:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/26/4148982/knights-of-pen-and-paper-1-edition-coming-to-ios-android-mac-and-pc

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Yay!!! Looking forward to this.

But it really sounds like an update.

4. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #5 Aventador, Mar 26, 2013

Only indication I have is text from TouchArcade news that was posted moments ago:

Update is a key word :)

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I will be very disappointed again with this game if it is indeed going to be an entirely new app that requires us to purchase it again.

I was burned by this app early when they initially released it for iOS 5.0 and above, and then with an update made it play only on iOS 6.0 and above. And for those of you who pack your iPhone/iPad full of games that you're playing, you know it takes some time to back up saves, delete things, update iOS, etc. It was a process, but I went through it to play this gem.

And I don't feel like we should have to give them more money to play the same game with a few extras. Most developers release these extras in an update. HOWEVER, if the publisher changes, I understand there may be confusion. But can't the new publisher just change the old app's publisher name, and release the new app as an updated version of the old?

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Will Knights of Pen & Paper +1 still do IAP currency sales?