Blimp Attack

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gizzerd91, Dec 3, 2009.

1. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    #1 gizzerd91, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    Blimp Attack
    (http://www.blimpattack.com)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have been developing iPhone games for a while now, and for this round I decided I would try to apply everything I've learned. I brought a talented friend on board to do the graphics. We decided that we both liked the Heli Attack series, and wished it was on the iDevices. We decided it was time to take matters into our own hands, and the result is Blimp Attack.

The game features:
    -15 guns (Yes, we put in shotgun rockets, chainguns, flamethrower, and a laser beam, per popular request)
    -Online highscores (See how little life some people have who play this game, and feel better about yourself)
    -Classic Arcade gameplay (Keeps you coming back, and doesn't require you to sit down for hours and hours)
    -Choose your own control setup (for those of us who just got an iDevice, and are more used to a DS, we put in a setup that should be easier for you to use, and of course we have the option to use what at this point has become iPod standard fare, the dual control sticks)

Available (Apple willing) Dec. 10!

2. thatOneGuy

thatOneGuy New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    This looks just like Heli Attack! That was a great game, and this could be too, if the controls are good. I'm not sure what you mean by 'multiple control setups', but it sounds interesting. I don't think I've seen an app that does that. Good luck with your game! (PS, good job on the website. I've been trying to learn HTML, and its really hard. Well done)

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I get the 15 unique weapons, do the attacking blimps have any variety? Will you ever be facing multiple enemies at once?

4. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    Not in this version, we thought that the changes in enemies in Heli Attack 3 didn't add enough gameplay to justify the work. We think the idea behind an iPhone game like this is simple, addictive entertainment. We are open to suggestions though. Maybe we'll add another type of blimp, with a flamethrower, in the next update. What do you think?

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

about to post my review on pocketfullofapps!

6. stormx

stormx Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #6 stormx, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    Hi,

so nice to see Heli Attack on the Iphone :D

Reminds me good time ^^ Love it, i would have bought it but cant, there is only one thing that prevent me from enjoying the game ! Don't know if it's coz i have an Iphone 3GS but the game is too fast !!!! Not funny like this :x

Would you do something to set for example our own speed ?

Thanks in advance for an answer

StoRmX_42

PS : maybe you cant because of a problem of copyright, you can't fully copy ? dont know
    and where can we follow you , twitter ? facebook ?