iPhone Announcing THE aMAZEing Labyrinth!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ravensburger, Oct 25, 2011.

1. #1 Ravensburger, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    Ravensburger has a new game celebrating the 25th anniversary of their board game version of THE aMAZEing Labyrinth! The award winning board game that has sold over 13 million units is now available on the iPad and iPhone with new games and puzzles for fans old and new!

If you think you can handle any maze, try your hand at Ravensburger's newest iOS game and compete against your friends, your enemies or even yourself to find the winning treasure pieces and escape the dreaded labyrinth. And this ain’t no ordinary maze! Hallways and junctions change with every turn, so keep your strategies open as you try to find your way around!

We are currently looking for beta testers for Labyrinth! We have only 5 slots available for this amazing game so make sure to get back to us as soon as possible to guarantee your spot as a tester!

Here are some screen shots to check out for the game:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Oh WOW, that's a blast from my childhood. I'd be happy to beta test this for you.

3. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    PM sent :D good looks really good!

4. Afternoon all!

Thanks to everyone who applied, but we're chock full as of now for the testing. I've reached out to those who were selected as of now, but keep your eye on this forum: we'll be posting more updates as we have them! :D

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Great news, I'll be buying it! ;)

6. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Can someone compare the iPhone and iPad versions? We have both devices and I am unsure if the iPhone version plays the same and looks OK in 2x mode on the iPad. I would like the game on my phone as I commute but we would play on the iPad with the family.

A universal version would be a no-brainer but alas the game isn't packaged that way. Not sure I want to pay an extra $5.99 for the iPad version if the only difference is sharper graphics.

Thoughts?

7. venasque

venasque Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    #8 venasque, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    This looks awesome (or amazing if you will). I don't know how I missed it's release. What isn't clear however is if the online multiplayer can be played asynchronously (like Carcassonne) or if it can only be played "live".

Also does the online multiplayer allow for the 4 players or is that just local multiplayer?

Thanks

8. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #9 GregB, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    Got the iPhone version a few days ago and have been playing alot! Really fun game!

Have not put it on iPad yet to see how it looks in 2X.

Will likely pick up the 25th Anniversary edition board game from our local toy store today for my son's birthday :)

EDIT: Loaded iPhone version on our iPad 2. Game looks and plays fine. Maggie's here and there, but good enough considering I wanted the iPhone version for solo play and didnt want to buy twice.

9. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    #10 LazyGamer, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    I remember the board game was rather for the younger crowd. We tried it once, but always ended up in a 'deadlock' where nobody would be able win.

Is this different? More strategic?

Sorry...just read this is out...shouldn't this thread be closed?

10. iPhone 5 + iPad Retina update coming soon

We just want to let you know that we are in the final testing stages of a huge update on "The aMAZEing Labyrinth". Within the next two weeks you will get a free update that brings you not only iPhone 5 and iPad Retina support but you will finally be able to play iPad vs. iPhone.

Cheers,

Ravensburger Digital