Universal Knights of Pen & Paper - (by Behold Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Ajohnson1

Ajohnson1 Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    well, you definitely need a lot of HP to avoid the one-shots. after that, its all about healing through it. i'm thinking you might need both the bard AND the cleric for their group heals. dealing damage is almost not even important. you'll have to whittle the boss down very slowly. maybe paladin, bard, cleric, then two low-threat damage dealers like mage and shaman. or you could use the knight with his excellent life leech, but he'll probably need one of those -5 threat necklaces.

2. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    I won't provide any kind of spoilers here because I'm loving this discussion.

I know some people beat this boss on different levels. Last report I got was a lvl group of lvl 42 I guess. There was a report of a group lvl 36ish too. Anyway, it's hard indeed but it's not that impossible. :)

3. eluros

eluros Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Interesting! Not sure if you can share anything about the group composition, but I'm wondering if they had a Bard, a Cleric, and 3 Tanks (Knight/Pally/Berserker, maybe?)...

Still trucking along, although looking forward to more content!

4. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Yeah, I agree that it's not that impossible, or that you would need to buy as many four rings as possible to tank up. I reckon I have a good team, just playing it slowly now towards the end, no rush necessary. :D

5. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    new content will be soon available.

I can assure that they didn't have 3tank/2heal comp. some comps are really different but I've never seen a 3tank/2heal to beat it yet, it might work for sure. Also, I believe lots of comps do too.

6. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Anyone know how much the four ring costs? I'm planning out how much gold I have to grind.

7. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    sorry if this was mentioned already...

i like this game a lot but felt it is a bit unfair that i put so many hours into a character only to have that character be reset back to level 0 and have to purchase him again at 270 gold. i am more upset about the reset back to 0.

i did this because i just unlocked a new class and wanted to try it.

8. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    ):

this is actually one of the topics we have been discussing in our studio.

9. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    thanks for replying!

10. Classikly

Classikly New Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Alright, this is regarding Mom.
    I'm having an extremely hard time with this. The boss wipes out my whole team in 2-3 turns. My team's all around lv.32 and have the best weapons/armour/accessories equipped. Do I just need to level up and come back later? If so, what's the best way to grind experience? And what's the best team set-up for the boss?

11. Ajohnson1

Ajohnson1 Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    1500 gold

I started a wiki on wikia.com. I'm going to put all the merchant gear stats and cost on there soon.

Feel free to contribute!

http://knightsofpenandpaper.wikia.com

12. Midnight

Midnight Member

Dec 13, 2011
    #332 Midnight, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Ive loved playing this great excellent RPG and at a great price.

One thing i was wondering would be if i deleted my first file which has unlocked all the characters, etc I would still be able to use the classes ive unlocked right?

Other then that I hope the update and content gets released soon, cant wait to play other campaigns :)!

13. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    wow thats awesome. pm me and I`d help you with anything.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    One trick is that if you all die in a battle then you can exit out of the app and manually close the app out. Then when you re-open and load the autosave you will have all your characters alive again at the location resuming just before the deadly battle, you can use this cheat to preserve gold otherwise used to resurrect characters. The only caveat is that items/potions used remain gone for some reason.

15. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. hahha :3

16. PeterJames

PeterJames Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    So... I've never played pen and paper games growing up, but I've always loved RPGs. Should I get this, and why?

17. hellokitt

hellokitt Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Great concept , interesting upgrade and passive bonus system.

18. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Yes, I'm 30 and never played any pen and paper games either. Just now finding that I really enjoy RPGs, as a kid I never really had the time of day for them. If it was not a platformer, shooter, or racing game I didn't even look at it.

Anyways, yes jump! It's a great game and fits the iPhone perfect! Still needs a few bugs worked out, but it's still very playable right now.

It really does feel like your sitting at a table playing a RPG... Weird, because I've never done it.... Lol

Great game, well worth 2bucks :) IAPs are not needed

19. eluros

eluros Member

Nov 6, 2012
    So, I'm trying to figure out the best thing to grind. I can do Void Elementals and Missing Nos (a reference, by the way, which makes me very happy!) for lots of XP and occasional item drops, or I can do black dragons for gold. I'm really liking the dragons, but has anyone had any item drops?

I've actually had a Three Ring (I believe) drop from a Void Elemental/MissingNo group, but haven't had any worthwhile item drops from a Black Dragon, despite their being lvl 50 elites and my using a glass table.

Thanks!

20. Savahni

Savahni Member

Nov 1, 2012
    There's a lv50 elites in the game? In the starter campaign? :eek:

I've just accidentally finished the starter campaign (didn't realize that the main plot is ending), dive back into the save and strolling around but didn't find anything higher than lv30. Guess it is worth it to check around some more :D