Ravenmark: Mercenaries

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Crumston, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    If I haven't played the original in depth, should I still jump into this. Or should I get through the original? Or could I always just go back after I get though this one? Just after an indication.

2. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Hey dude!

Well, to be honest you can pick this game right off the bat without completing the first. :) That's how we designed the game, it's pretty much so that more people can experience the Ravenmark saga. Mercenaries is for the most part, a multiplayer game where you spend time grooming your own Mercenary commander.

Completing the first game however, does give you additional brigades :) Just a little incentive for those who've spent hours, slogging and playing through SOE! We know that it wasn't an easy game!

You can definitely go back to the first anytime while you're playing Mercs :)

Hope that answers your question!

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Cheers! It does. Good to hear you've designed it so anyone can jump in. I think I'll just go straight into this and go back to soe later.

4. Uberskooper

Uberskooper Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Congrats guys! You have put a great deal of hard work into this and I'm glad to see that it's finally out, even if it's just a soft launch for now. Those of you folks in one of the soft launch countries should pick this up now.

5. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    Thanks for all the support dude! =D

Also, everyone, a new thread is up in the games section over here! Join us over there!

6. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    :) Thanks for the support. Hope to see you on the battlefield then!

Cheers,
    Khai

7. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    I'm close to getting all the medals on all the campaigns in Ravenmark SOE, please say we get some kind of reward in mercenaries for doing this... It's been emotional.

8. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    I will.. see what I can do. Lol.

9. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    Yay, the tears shed in frustration have not been in vain! :p

10. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    What would be nice is to have a symbol that shows on your banner, in addition to the main symbol; you could place it in a corner, for example.
    Say the single, double and triple blue ring symbols for solo, deuce, trine units: indicating if you finished R:SoE with all 1,2,3 gold medals; or not at all, which would be the default "no symbol".

11. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Oh? That's actually not too bad an idea o_O I'll bring it up in the office tmr :)

12. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    Sounds cool, and it would give me a warm fuzzy feeling :D

13. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    We're discussing it in the office :) We'll see what we can do about it. In the meantime, 13 more days til full launch! I seriously can't wait!

14. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #114 Reydn, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    Instabuy in my case. The first game is SOLID.

Just saw this - I don't keep up as well as I should, but offering players real incentives for completing RMSoE is AWESOME!

http://www.witching-hour.net/?p=1360

15. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    heyyyy!!!

Well, it's win-win really! We want people to immerse themselves in the lore, and the world so we can build a community around the saga. So, why not? XD

Also Ian (Tebius) posted up our official launch trailer in the main thread for Mercs! Check it out here!

16. balam

balam Member

Jul 2, 2013
    I had the full ravenmark on my old iPhone. I installed the free version on this new device (new apple ID as well) and logged in with my WHS or whatever account and got all my old achievements back.

How are the rewards going to work? Are the achievement enough to get the rewards in mercs? Do I need to buy deep woods dragons again if I want to get the boar dudes?

17. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Hey dude.

Basically owners of SOE will get certain brigades in mercenaries for completion of SOE campaigns. Unfortunately, the lost boars were only available for a short time when Deepwood Dragoons was first released as a premium purchase.

Cheers,
    Khai

18. balam

balam Member

Jul 2, 2013
    I did complete all the campaigns, got all the medals, and bought deep wood dragons when it was first released. But that was on my old iPhone and apple ID.

I got the free version on this new device and logged in with my WHS account and all my achievements were there (completing chapters, etc). So my questions is, are all those bonuses linked to my old apple ID or to the WHS account? Will having the achievement for clearing the chapters on my WHS account give me access to the bonus brigades? Likewise does my WHS account "remember" I bought deep wood dragoons?

19. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    sent you a pm, please come back to me:)

20. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Ravenmark: Mercenaries goes full launch!

Hey fellas :)

I wanted to make sure that I got everyone here on Touch Arcade! Ravenmark: Mercenaries has been released! You can read all the details of the release here!

Or you know... you can just go straight to the app store and download it here.

See you on the battlefield!