iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I agree. My biggest problem with Volt is the ultra system. It isn't fair that one player plays like a God and then the other player gets a cheap KO using his ultra. And I hate Gief more than I hate Hugo! But I like the Bingo system, how the replays work, the wandering warrior mode, etc. I like SFxTK more than Volt, but Volt has MORE content.
    I really hope Capcom will update SFxTK with more characters, stages, etc, or create SFxTK Volt.
    EDIT: oh, and Volt's AI is WAY better. SFxTK's sucks!

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Bari, I forgot to mention that I'm definitely down for some matches sometime. I'm in EST time zone. You?

3. elaytot

elaytot Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Thanks! Wow, i didn't know theres a lot of unlockable game modes by playing online.. Is there any other way to unlock these stuff? My multiplayer matches always lags and i always lose because of that.. Do you think level 22 is still reachable even for the loses alone?

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Bari? o_O
    GMT +1.

Well, leveling up here is a bit strange. You level up faster by losing matches and getting revenges (winning after losing).

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I knew that Hwo had even more powerful combos, and it's still a 2 bars one! Woohoo!
    (Corner only) jump kick, flamingo, pp, hunting hawk, low heavy punch, dynamite heel, super -> both characters with full health, 634 DAMAGE!!!
    And with air raid special after short jump instead of jump kick... 654 DAMAGE!!!

6. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I think SFxT is more geared toward BS comebacks, with damage increases when low on life, pandora mode, gems, etc. Plus, damage scaling encourages simplified moves/combos.

7. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Focus on getting revenge point and stick with it. You'll definitely get there.

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I know. While playing arcade I love playing lame and then defeating the enemy with a single combo lol
    While playing online I don't have any problems with the damage scaling, pandora mode, etc. The only thing I hate is those stupid gems. Once people get level 4 or 5 of inmense power they just keep switching their chars using the launch attack.
    I didn't play Volt that much. I main Akuma and I get defeated playing arcade mode on grueling easily, at stage 3 or 4, so I can't talk about the differences between both games, but right now I like more the gem system, even if I hate it, than the fadc system and ultra system.

9. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Is this game ever gonna be updated to the iPhone 5 screen? There are hundreds of posts only talking about lvls and stats.

10. NorrisForever79

NorrisForever79 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Capcom will never update the game with iPhone 5 support! Maybe with sfxt volt this summer!

11. gimygru

gimygru Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Sorry it's not me
    I've played with this guy and check his ID find that he's LV99

12. kyorishin

kyorishin Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    黑客
    中国
    there is no guarantee that a player will want to fight a 2nd round...

13. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Nope. But if you want to level up, that's still the best way to do it. When I found players who I knew I could beat, I would often lose on purpose and then just hope for a rematch. It was frustrating when people refused a rematch, but you just have to move on to the next match. A win after a loss is still good in Capcom's system, even without the revenge points.

14. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I think EST = GMT -5. I'm usually available nights and sporadically on weekends. I haven't been playing much lately though as I've found other games to keep me busy with all the holiday sales.

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    This was discussed previously. They won't update for the larger screen because it has an online versus mode. In order for online to work fairly, both players have to be viewing the same screen.

16. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011

I don't know this! So the game will never see an update for the new devices in the future! I must admit that game is funny especially in multi but I would pay more in order to see a more complete sfxt like console version!

17. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I played the console version with my brother last week and I found it a lot like Marvel in that if you don't take it too seriously it can be a lot of fun. The game's made to be picked up and played without much study which can be good or bad depending on how deep you plan on getting into it I guess.

But no, this won't ever see an iP5 update as long as older devices are still being supported.

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Do you think we'll get SFxTK Volt some day? I think Capcom won't update this game with full roster, so I hope they'll release SFxTK with full roster, more modes, no lag and NO GEMS, FOR GOD'S SAKE, NO GEMS!!

19. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    #1719 DoctaMario, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    I'd be surprised. Volt never got the full roster and it seemed like we were getting updates every other month and I know has done really well. I dont think this game has met expectations but it also seems like Capcom almost TRIED to make this game underperform. Too bad cuz it's kind of a fun game and the graphics are pretty.

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Even while Volt doesn't have full roster, it still has more chars than SFxTK. With SFxTK Volt I'm sure we wouldn't get DLC chars, so no really full roster, but at least chars like Yoshi, Cammy and Jin. The main problem is that almost nobody plays this game anymore due to stupid online credits and huge lag, so even with more updates Capcom knows that they won't get more players playing online. That's why I think that they will (hopefully) remake the game.
    About Capcom making this game underperform, fun fact: I don't know what kind of sound engine Capcom used with this game, but if you try to change the music files, which seem low quality, with high quality files (from the OST of the console version), the game will decrease its quality! This doesn't happen with Volt though.
    Some day Capcom will realize the money they could make on iOS by taking the platform seriously... some day...