RAD Soldiers - (by WarChest)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    No specific release date set at the moment, but it should be hitting throughout the next few weeks.

This game is going to be on my insta-download list for sure. Tracked this game for a while now.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Prevail. Always Prevail ;)

I must say, what an excellent taste in games ;)

Perhaps this might earn a spot on yer list. I know it rests very close to the top of mine: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=134389

3. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Any hint of when this drops? I've resorted to searching the appstore everyday in the hope it's there! :(

4. Oktagon Games

Oktagon Games Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Game Developer
    Brazil
    This game looks very promising! Can't wait to see more about the gameplay mechanics.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #25 Ayjona, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
    This might be of interest to anyone as curious about RAD Soldiers as I am (and perhaps just a little disappointed that it did not show up among the new reelases today ;) ): RAD Soldiers Community Q&A #1.

I imagine this might be of particular interest for all you IAP hatas out there ;) :

And this as well, mayhap: Gamasutra Feature.

With even more nice quotes to get our juices flowing:

Splash Damage mention that they've looked at the true hardcore daddies of the genre, such as Laser Squad and XCOM. Could do worse (I'm looking at ya, Hero Academy ;) ). They've also mentioned a few features that makes me think this might be a rather polished async experience, stuff I recommend to every single dev working on async for a game I'm interested in, such as quick replays of your opponent's turns whenever you enter a game, presenting the player with a list of all active turns upon entering the game, making it simple and easy to have many games going at once and jump between them, etc.

6. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Ah, yes, you are right the concept of the game has tons of potential. :)

RAD Games: Gamasutra linked^
    This could be a high quality multiplayer game. :)

7. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, it sounds like they're going the Battlefield Heroes route, which is a-okay with me. Not sure how well EA made out with that game, but I had fun with it. And unless I read that wrong, it sounds like async multiplayer is included. Hopefully, it will play on my 3GS because I can see sinking some hours into this sucker.

8. Sotoro

Sotoro Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    So is this an online only game or is there some sort of campaign?

9. abodi

abodi Active Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Yeah I'd love to know when this is hitting the app store. My game is though that it might not make June

10. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Cheers for the heads up on the Q & A Ayjona, good read! It unfortunately has just made me want the game even more and I still don't know when it's out!!

11. blindspot

blindspot Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Scholarly Publisher
    Berkeley, CA
    Last heard this was a June timeframe. Near the end of June. Any update on a new release time frame?

12. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Release will probably flow into July.

Looking forward to playing this one, glad to hear its free-to-play as well.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to this. And I hope the IAP wont interfere with game balance.

14. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    It won't. "For starters, you won’t have to pay anything to download and play RAD Soldiers, and because we absolutely hate pay-to-win mechanics, you’ll be able to achieve all gameplay-affecting unlocks during normal play." This is from http://www.warchestgames.com/news/44/update-our-release-plans-rad-soldiers

15. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Good read. Look forward to it, of course, and I hope you have success with it, as you definitely seem to be trying to offer the best of both worlds to iOS gamers.

16. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I've been looking forward to this game for a while. I'm planning on launching a league for the game once the game is released, but I'm looking for interested first.

If you're interested, post here.

17. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I heard and read this game is going to be released to Canada First as a stress test and then going to be released worldwide later on after the testing has been complete. I plan on picking it up as soon as I see it it released in Canada and hopefully my saves and stuff would transfer over to the US account once it's officially out.

18. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Yes, they are planning to release the game to a specific area initially in order to, as you said, stress test the servers. Although, I don't think they have specifically chosen which store it will be hitting first.

19. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Looking forward!

20. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Making sure my Accounts in every Major Country are working ^^