Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
  2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What a ripoff

3. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Alright looks like people just don't wanna believe positive side. There isn't downfall but its not the Campagin that you could beat in 1 hour

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well, even though BO is very disappointing, how was ACL? Anyone finished it yet? How's the gameplay, same as the PC games? Framerate? It looked gorgeous.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It certainly looked really good from the trailers, one of the few full console games that is worthy of a $40 price tag.

I don't have a vita :eek: still deciding if there are enough killer games to warrant the price. Right now I'm pretty much happy with my iPad upgrade, but still keeping an eye on the vita just in case developers decide to take it seriously.

6. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Very accurate description imo, its very good but if you compare it to the console versions then youll notice some limitations. The framerate dips are not really a problem so far for me but they do happen from tine to time, cruisin around rooftops parkour-style is still a blast with very tight controls and a beautiful fully realized town.

Great game for sure. I like Need for Speed most wanted a lot more however, I know theyre completely different games but ive been really blown away by the quality of that game, kudos to Criterion for taking the Vita very seriously, really hope it works for them.

7. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I really hope the Vita picks up because its a platform with loads of potential, the hardware is really really good, tailored for gaming to the max but as of now it doesnt have that many great games on it.

Of the games ive bought so far I would easily recommend Need for Speed MW, Rayman Origins, Gravity Rush and AC as must own games and really amazing experiences worth getting the system by themselves but as everyone else I guess im really hoping for more to be aviable on the platform.

8. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Well this years Black Friday deal is good enough I think? Ps vita bundle with 3 games for $200? That's damm a lot of saving consider it's giving games like nfs and $40 titles

9. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    It's really good. Would hold off on it for the time being though due to the save file 'corruption' bug. Happened to me :(

Had already finished the main story, and was working on getting the platinum. Waiting for an update that will hopefully fix it. Won,t hold it against the game though- just Ubisoft. Game is pretty good other than that (I had some issues with the sound- it's kind of compressed, and there is a lack of sound for some things, like the whip etc.).

10. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/11/14/another-aaa-vita-game-in-development-at-sony-bend/
    Whatever this game is going to be, probably another 3rd person view game which could be
    -scoom
    -metal gear solid(I think konjima said he is already thinking about it)
    -god of war ( don't think bend could make god of war just because they are best at 3rd person shooters)
    - another uncharted
    Since they are calling it AAA title, it's going to well known series.. I really believe its gonna be either mgs or uncharted

11. What does MGS have to do with Sony Bend? I'm expecting another Uncharted game, but I can also see God of War or perhaps even Infamous.

12. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    My bets on a Syphon Filter game they were very popular on the PSP but it would be nice for Uncharted Golden abyss to get a sequel of the same kind of quality.

Just noticed that COD Black Ops is the lowest scoring game on the Vita with an average critic score of 29.

The games so bad it's even causing people to write off the Vita completely this quotes from a British newspaper
    Unfortunately I think they are right and a few more games like it could be disastrous I'm truly glad Nihilistic aren't making any more. On the bright side looking forward to buying Persona 4 Golden and seeing what all the fuss is about.

13. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    #3613 tygamr, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    I think the funniest thing is how Sony is seemingly not acknowledging the game very much. Normally, they'd talk about a game like it around release on the PS blog, seeing as it is a Vita exclusive. Activision doesn't seem to want to acknowledge the game exists either.

I think the only purpose of the game was to serve as something to be be bundled with a Vita- in that package, it isn't a bad deal because you just pay MSRP for the Vita and get it as a bonus- it's like how the original DS came with that Metroid Prime Hunters demo (unless you are in Europe- the Vita in that bundle is permanently marred with the BOD logo across the back). I have seen a commercial from Sony for it, but it only pushed the bundle- not the game by itself, and they pretty much acknowledged that the only purpose of the game is multiplayer.

In don't think it will spell the death of the Vita at all. A lot of people already expected it to be mediocre, and it will probably move units despite poor reviews (<10 year olds will make it happen).

14. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Imagine you buy an expensive Vita load up your bundled game and realise it's terrible and full of dozens of bugs. That could actually turn a lot of potential buyers into people who return the system and write it off for good or worse exchange it for a 3DS.

Truthfully I can only see this game damaging the system, Sony should have rejected it and they certainly shouldn't use it in a bundle. I'm more optimistic than the newspaper I quoted but there is a grain of truth there and sometimes Sony make such obviously bad decisions they make me want to slap them.

For all that there are plenty of good enjoyable games but none with major system selling power unfortunately.

15. The highest-rated Vita game will be released next week to balance out the bad press from Black Ops Declassified. (It's Persona 4 Golden.)

16. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    #3616 LucianOrb, Nov 15, 2012
    P4G is a very niche title, it won't appeal at all to the average Joes. BOD and ACL were supposed to be the system sellers, the first is a disaster, the second, despite being a good game, has that unforgivable save corruption bug that will also cause major damage (imagine someone with it as his first Vita game losing hours of play due to that).

17. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I've been a supporter of the Vita since it's launch. I've bought a ton of games and adore the heck out of the system, but even now I fear for it's future.

ACL, NFS, Ragnarok, CoD - these to me were the games to wait for this year. They seemed to hold so much promise, but the only one I personally really liked was NFS.

With those out of the way, there area only 2 or 3 games that I know of that might be worth picking up. Beyond that, pretty much nothing else.

I don't mind only being able to pick up a game every once in a while. Once I get through the games I have, I guess it'll be more time to focus on the 3DS or even my iPad mini.

Don't mean to sound bleak, but man it's not looking too good.

18. Persona 4 Golden won't shift many units in the west, but the Persona games get enough coverage even in mainstream gaming sites that (hopefully) they won't completely write off the Vita due to the Black Ops Declassified situation.

19. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    #3619 JeNeI, Nov 15, 2012
    Where did you saw that it will cost $200?
    What games did they give with the bundle?
    Will it be available on Amazon.com?

I have some saved money from Gift Cards on Amazon.com,and can't decide what to buy on it.I thought to buy the white bundle,because I could easily re-sell it for alot more as in Romania only the black one is available.

But I also want to buy Uncharted : Golden Abyss (I'm a hardcore Uncharted fan,and played all the games).

But I am afraid that I'll get bored too easily with it,because the lack of many games of my taste (Killzone will come only in 2013).

Do you think the iPad mini/iPad 4 would be a better purchase? I could save up some more $$$ for them,and probable they will have better price on Black Friday.

I know this is a PS Vita thread,but could anyone post a list with really good prices for electronics (any type).Thanks ;)
    ^^^ I mean Black Friday deals (and mainly on Amazon.com,cause there I have money only).

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Newegg.com is always a good choice for computer parts and all kinds of tech gear.