$50 Gift Card Review Contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Viaden, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Viaden

Viaden Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    #1 Viaden, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    Thanks everyone for participation!
    We highly appreciate your contribution & sharing your ideas about our poker app!

Our winners are m13, rnavin, mkpred & deespater!
    Stay tuned for more contests from Viaden!

Attached Files:

2. mkpred

mkpred Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Working at Sites
    Cyber Town
    what is the deadline for this contest

3. Viaden

Viaden Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    #3 Viaden, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    We are rewarding our players for Thanksgiving time & we'll run the contest till November, 30!

4. stevenc89

stevenc89 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Reviewed as Steven ChinWH in US Appstore:

Title: Poker Face! (5 star)
    Review:

This is a very polished online poker games. I love the way that we can preview players of each table before enter a game. Besides that, the 24/7 support system is very encouraging and responsive.

However, there is a few issues/suggestions that I wish the dev will address and fix in the future:

1) Too many pops up for offer after launching the app.

2) I would like to see other options for earning free chips (eg. Tapjoy).

3) Gamecenter achievement please!

Looking forward to future updates!

5. geniusman95

geniusman95 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Reviewed on US store as dratkos.

6. Viaden

Viaden Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    We need at least 5 participants to launch the contest!
    Play poker and win your gift card!

7. mkpred

mkpred Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Working at Sites
    Cyber Town
    reviewed in us appstore as mkpred. my review :

Thanks for the contest and good luck to all.4 dec is my birthday so a 50 bucks card would be perfect thanks for the opportunity :)

mkpred

8. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Reviewed as Rokrdude2 on U.S. appstore

9. kogaa555

kogaa555 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Reviewed as MrCooper5 on US Store

10. Sezzar

Sezzar Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Reviewed as Sezzar77 on US appstore

11. rnarvin

rnarvin Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reviewed the app as rnarvin on the US App Store, thanks for the contest!

12. deespater

deespater New Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Join the CelebPoler club!

Fantastic poker app I've ever played.

Almost everything in CelebPoker is perfect - UI, achievements, social integration and especially gifts. Plenty of game tables 24/7. Tournaments, promo games and Facebook events - all this make CelebPoker the most playable app in my iPhone!

13. Left a review in US iTunes store under agleung.

14. Viaden

Viaden Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Only 2 days left! Your $50 iTunes gift cards are waiting for you!

15. Nishimare

Nishimare Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Freelance Model , Full time ShoppEr
    iN YoUr HeArT~
    #15 Nishimare, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Reviewed as : Nishimare

Frankly speaking from a avid poker player , the best poker i ever played is still from viaden . Tried tons of poker app range from free to paid , never one been so satisfying like this one. What i exceptionally love this apart from others is HUGE player base around the world , solid butter smooth graphic and gorgeous polished UI , almost zero lag even on my slow 1mbps internet connection and most amazingly , its FREE.
    I always believe a good game doesn't need so many feature to make it complicated , especially online games. The crucial factor would be the connection stability. Zero lag is a must for me to play an online based game. I wouldn't want a great card to be spoiled by unexpected disconnection. Another thing is do not use so much bandwidth. Luckily this game fulfilled my expectation which i never got any lag or disconnect in 3 hours straight . Thumbs up for this.
    I don't mind spending money to buy in app chips , real gamer spend on what he think its worth. I must say its a bit expensive for the chips in free version and thats why i opted for the VIP version instead , its cheaper by 50% for all purchases. After trying the free version for few hours , i have move on to the paid version instead as main selling point is both Omaha Hi and Texas are there. Plus lesser annoying pop up and also cheaper chips. Well , free version is good enough if you are not a hardcore poker fans.
    Hope can include live chat in the coming update dev !

16. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    #16 Underwater, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Reviewed as Underwater_TA. Thank you for the contest and for the great game! Looking forward to future updates!

17. Aseret

Aseret Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    #17 Aseret, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    Reviewed as Otomegirl.
    Thanks for the contest! :D

Here's my review that I posted in the U.S AppStore (just in case it doesn't appear in the store in time):

I have tried several poker apps, but Celeb Poker seems to be the best out of all of them. In my opinion, it is a great free to play game that is available for casual players. In terms of overall value, Celeb Poker is a superb poker game, if not THE BEST, the iTunes App Store has to offer right now. Celeb Poker gives you a feel of playing real poker (including great social networking), but also gives our brain some work as well!

I really enjoyed the intuitive user interface and the navigation throughout the game. The sounds while tapping the buttons are very well composed, thus setting up an amazing addictive card game. The chat and the feature of giving gifts were a nice touch as well.

In terms of cons, there is only one con - it is that this app has a fair share of pop ups. However, this does not affect gameplay. I am still able to appreciate the game, and the ads are not that big of a deal. This game is already free, so I’m happy as it is.

What I would recommend is to make the championships or tournaments more interesting. I would suggest making yearly special tournaments with bigger jackpots than usual (for example, during christmas, etc). This would grab the attention of players that want something different from the usual. Moreover, an off-line mode would be something to consider. Therefore, players would be able to play this game if they didn't have internet access at the time (for example, this game would be fun to play on a long car ride) and their opponents could be "computer" opponents. I would also recommend a tutorial for players that are beginners in poker or for people who may be interested in poker, but don’t know how to play. As a result, this app will not only appeal to intermediate players, but it would also encourage more beginners to try this app – enabling them to develop a love for poker. In all honesty, these are the only improvements that this app needs, with these improvements, the app would be even better! :)

Celeb Poker is a gem and a HUGE 5 stars! :D

18. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Reviewed as Coogman55

19. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    Reviewed as Lurtz6 on the US Appstore.
    Just in case it doesn't come up on time on the store, here is my full review.

Title: Decent Online Poker Game

"One of the better poker games on the appstore, this game actually has a lot to offer past the opening pleas to buy chips. First and foremost: Pop-ups are frequent, but are to be expected, so they aren't really detrimental to the poker experience, and can actually be helpful to let you know when you can buy credits.

Facebook and Game Center integration are welcome features, allowing for quick access to games with friends and family.

Online play was butter-smooth for me, with only the occasional stutter or lag happening that didn't affect gameplay at all. I must stress that as an online poker game, this app is superb.

Finally, the graphics are good enough, it's poker, so the need to push the retina display isn't really needed, but the visuals serve their purpose. Audio is also adequate.

Overall, if you can get past the frequent pop-up ads, any dedicated poker player will find a rewarding and fun experience with Celeb Poker. Recommended.

20. Aseret

Aseret Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    #20 Aseret, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    Congratz to the winners :)