Prose with Bros -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #1 Greyskull, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    This game is hilarious. You construct poems, or whatever really, out of a word bank that functions kinda like fridge magnets. You go up against someone else who had the same words and people vote on the winner. What makes the game so funny is that their is a built in speech engine, and most people try to create the filthiest thing possible with the words given. I'll post my screen name later, if I remember, if anyone thinks they have a dirtier mind than me. ;)

NOTE: you don't have to connect with FB; you do need to register to play though. All you need os to give an email address, and choose a name and password. I've never recieved any email from them.

Edit: I got this last time it was free, and that was at least a year ago...so if you want it, grab it now. I'm sure most TA members will look at this game with some skepticism, but trust me here. Hilarity WILL ensue.

Prose with Bros

"Prose With Bros could be the next hit iPhone game...its appearance on the App Store shows there is still room for …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Prose With Bros could be the next hit iPhone game...its appearance on the App Store shows there is still room for innovation." - The Guardian

"Prose With Bros is irresistible: the interface is clean and simple, voting is snappy, and the algorithm producing each game's jumble of words delivers perfectly innocent but eminently corruptible English every time. If you don't like it, stick a finger in your lederhosen, fat man. Oops, hidden priest!" - Edge Magazine

"Words With Friends is no fun by yourself, but Prose With Bros is an absolute riot either way." - AppAdvice

Welcome to Prose with Bros, the first ever multiplayer competitive fridge poetry game (we've since discovered this isn't true, but whatever it's a good opening line).

Prose with Bros is sort of like those fridge magnets you use to leave dirty sentences for your roommates. If only your fridge could talk and was connected to the internet so you could play against people around the world (side note: that fridge would be awesome).

You can challenge your friends (or enemies) to a game, or just hop in with a random opponent. You both get the same 50 words to make a sentence. Who wins? Let the mob decide! 12 hours of online voting by the rest of the world will determine if you’re totally more awesome than your friend (like you keep telling them).

Over 3000 words in the game, with more being added every day, all with built-in voice playback! Feeling poetic? Funny? Dirty? Random? Offensive? (please don’t be offensive)

Features
    • Twitter! Tweet funny sentences from within the game.
    • Facebook Connect! Challenge people from your friends list and blind-vote on your friends games.
    • Push notifications inform you when you’ve received a new game.
    • Recent opponents are saved so you can quickly challenge them to a rematch.
    • Pass and Play mode lets 2 people compete on a single device.
    • Swap between different forms of a word to make your sentence just right.
    • Full punctuation support in every sentence.
    • Vote on other player’s games and keep track of your own live voting results.
    • Send kudos to other players for making you snort, chortle, or guffaw!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Word
    Release:Apr 20, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012

Sounds like my kind of game! ;) Thanks for posting!

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I just wanted to mention something: if you jave both an iphone and an ipad, install it on the ipad (it's universal). You have a lot more room to shift the words around.