Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Haha, I'm just saying. Every voice counts whether good or bad. If they're legitimate consumers, I think their votes are worth considering for sure.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    alright... but if it makes you feel any better... I don't listen to more than half the people here on TA either... generally the same thing, minus a couple handfuls of people...

and in the AppStore, you never know if they're legitimate or not... I've bought many a game based on iTunes reviews that I completely regret wasting my money on...

3. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    You accusing this developer of false reviews?

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    did I say that?

Earlier in the thread, I was defending Madfinger because of how responsive they are...

yup... done with this

5. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Not exactly but you implied that most reviews are not worth considering, reason being because you don't know if they're fake.

6. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #706 New England Gamer, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    I didn't read him making a blanket statement about that. And it IS true that you never know what motivates an iTunes review - is it a free code, is it an idiot consumer, is it a friend, is it legit? YOU NEVER KNOW. (notice I have examples of both positive AND negative reviews there?) That is all he said.

Now let's drop the "are iTunes reviews legit" debate and get back on topic.

7. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Notice in my post the word "implied" and how I never used the term "blanket statement." I love how the topic was conveniently ended with you arguing your view. But yes, let's end the "are iTunes reviews worth considering" topic.

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    The topic is off topic in THIS thread -- feel free to create your own new thread to discuss it if you wish. It would probably be interesting to see what people think.

9. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Ha! No thanks. Besides, we were discussing this game specifically (or so I thought..).

10. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    I don't want to get 'in' on the complaining but after a crash my iPad2 went black and it would not start up anymore. I SERIOUSLY had to restore it. I buy a ton of games and most of them are fan-tas-tic. I love my iPad and even this game. But it has too many bugs. It should not have been released yet. With the bugs solved: tis would be breathtaking.

So please dont act like a bunch of 13 year olds by saying 'I want to get in on the complaining' I'm 37. Not 13.

11. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    This thread has become really pathetic

12. wooseokjo

wooseokjo Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    It will change when madfinger brings us awesome mp update with rolling sprint more weapon modern combatish multiplayer system

13. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    This is one of the most honest threads I've read in a long time.

Everyone seems to have a logic to their discussion, it's healthy to debate...

Whether you concur or dissent, at least people are being honest.

14. Olonnais

Olonnais Active Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Spain
    The driller part works OK for me (iPhone 4)

[​IMG]

15. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    If you download a game using a promo code, you cannot review it. So don't worry about that issue anymore.

16. Cyphen15

Cyphen15 New Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Shadowgun 1.0.2 thew new update still crash

Hello madfinger i still experiencing app crash but not many times as the first release of the game but i cannot finish the game with this always crashing.. I always crash at the end of level 5 when it says touch to continue then next level is 6 but after loading it crashes and i again and again go to the last checkpoint at level 5.. I even restart my device many times but still crash, and also sometimes i crash when there is explode dont know why.. But again not many times as the first release..

Btw im using ipod touch 4 32g
    Im playing it with no opened other apps or no working apps in background with 3.2gb free space in storage, dont know in memory RAM

Pls fix it asap Please.. I want to finish the game..
    Btw this app is my favorite in all of my apps, its very good with good graphics ty

17. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    I agree that this thread has devolved from healthy opinion to being downright sad. State your opinion, cool--but then keep it moving. It's lame that two days into this thread the review is still the center of conversation and not the game itself.

Getting back on topic, another feature/control suggestion for ShadowGun (I'm collating them all in this thread):

For sniper mode, use the iOS 'pinch' gesture to zoom in--but have it only work when the sniper rifle is selected, and force it to only recognize the pinch from the extreme corners of the screen (so that it doesn't affect moving and looking).

18. chase123

chase123 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pakistan,Karachi.
    This game is just too repetitive,graphics alone won't save it.

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Even after the update the game crashes for me. So I guess the TA review doesen't have to be updated in that part...

20. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    The only times it crashed for me was right after the drill boss but this was before the update. Speaking of the review, we already went over why this game did not deserve the thrashing it received here. It was, IMO, entirely unprofessional the way it was written and described. IGN's review was critical but was a lot more fair in comparison. Even the multiplayer article showed how truly childish some writers can be, making multiplayer out to seem worthless basically, was ridiculous.

Rant over, I'm done talking about the review. Of course people have different opinions.