Anyone else not seeing any new reviews?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by OneEye, May 8, 2009.

1. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    We haven't had a single review hit for Underworlds in any country since yesterday morning.

Bill
    Pixel Mine

2. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    developer + student at medicine
    Moldova
  3. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    see message title "Anyone else not seeing any new reviews?"

We have been averaging 15-20 reviews a day world-wide per day. The last 24 hours, none. I was interested if anyone else has this same issue.

4. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    I've had zero new reviews for any of my apps in days, which is very unusual. I'm not even seeing new non written review star ratings.

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. Normally I get a few per day, but nothing in the last couple of days.

--Eric

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

A bunch of reviews and ratings just showed up, so I guess the problem is fixed now.

--Eric

7. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    New ratings show up for mine too, but for one of my apps, all the written reviews have disappeard. Hopefully it's just being updated...

8. Yes I noticed this 'lag' with the iTunes reviews too. My game has only come out a couple of days ago, but people had said on the thread that they posted a review and nothing was seen for ages. It took a day or two for the UK store to show the review the member said he posted. Fingers crossed its sorted now. It's not a good thing to happen when the game's only just been released and there's no reviews showing :(

9. #9 wastedyuthe, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
    UK store reviews have disappeared completely!! I had 3 there, now they are all gone. I double checked the US and they are all still there. What the hell is going on with these reviews? I posted several reviews myself in the past few weeks for TV shows and films and they haven't even shown up!
    But my main beef is the fact that reviews are disappearing for my game, and that can affect sales. I am mighty pee'd!

[UPDATE] Just checked my game on the iPod touch version of the store, and the UK reviews are all there- so it's a problem with iTunes on the computer. Is anyone else seeing this?

10. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    All reviews need to be approved by someone before they will show up, hence the lag.

If a review is not approved, it'll just never appear.

11. Just checked the UK site- my games UK reviews are back again! Weird!

12. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    I released Anomaly a few days ago and have no reviews....:( How do you change which store you are looking at? I assumed I can only see the store for the country I live in....

13. There are 3 ways-

1) At the bottom of the iTunes store home page, you have a country select option- you can change it to any country regardless of where you are in the world. However, you can't purchase from any country unless you have an account there of course, but you can at least browse.
    2) A faster way to just check reviews is to use THIS website, enter your app ID or iTunes URL, and it will show you the reviews from all the countries.
    3) Use AppViz, a Mac app, which allows you to check your sales and worldwide reviews.

14. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
  15. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    Cool - thanks guys :) (ps. only one review for my game)