Deckbuilding Games Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Avaniar, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Hey, i am very much into deckbuilders. Which ones are we losing? I see nightfall, but maybe playdek will save it.
    We are not very short on deckbuilders.
    Asides from nightfall and legendary dxp we have:
    Frost
    Dream quest
    Ascension
    Cthuluh realms
    Star realms
    Concrete jungle
    Age of rivals (more or less deckbuilder).
    Anything else i am forgetting?

2. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Two of the other ones I know about that we're losing are also Playdek: Penny Arcade and Tanto Cuore. We are also set to lose Empire.

3. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    You just reminded me that we STILL don't have a new app for Dominion. That game is cursed.

But another game I thought of is Xenoshyft. Epic is coming soon from the makers of Star Realms.

4. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    Oh my god, I totally forgot about tanto cuore! Guess I'm off to re-download it and play a couple rounds against the computer before it goes away forever.

5. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    True

xenoshyft is amazing.
    Tanto cuore for me is meh. The artwork i don't like and gameplay is dominion from what i heard, so i pass. Dominion is too dry for me.
    I haven't played penny arcade. Any good?
    What about nightfall? Wanted to get that one.

6. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Playdek recently showed off their 64 bit update for Waterdeep, so maaaaybe we have a chance for some of the other games to be saved too. Although after their untold story debacle they haven't been doing much lately. Summoner Wars has had their servers offline for two weeks or more now.

Penny Arcade is ok and VERY similar to Tanto Cuore. I think Nightfall is one of the best games around and is criminally underrated. If you're going to spring for only one I vote Nightfall, but it is an older game so I'm not sure it will get updated.

7. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    Penny Arcade isn't anything special (although I only played the physical game). Personally, I didn't get into Nightfall. The game in general was a little too busy/complex and I never felt like I was really putting together an effective deck or strategy. It deserves credit for being quite different from other deck-building games, though.

8. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    Doubt it on Nightfall. It still hasn't been updated for 4" screens, let alone 64-bit.