New Games Ideas for Devs

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Dagger2_pt, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Dagger2_pt

Dagger2_pt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Greetings.

I'm new in this forum since 1 week and i don't know where I post a new Thread where all people can express their new ideas for iPhone games. The reason for this was to make life easier for Developers in order to have new ideas for their next projects. I want the iPhone to have new variety of gaming styles.
    I've been browsing App Store for a certain type of game, and i notice that there're many defenders games, match puzzle games, etc... You know what i mean.

If by chance, I created this thread in the wrong place, i apologize for this trouble. Please move this to the right place, so that the people can spot and replying with new ideas.

Anyway, i will write my ideas of future projects for devs. (I think those game types have not yet been developed for iPhone):

- Train Simulators (like Densha de Go! from Taito or Train Simulator from Microsoft)
    - Subway Simulators (Like World of Subways! from pc version)
    - Final Fight type games like Castle Crashers from xbox360 live arcade

There are more ideas, but I'll leave for others to post. Please fell free to give your imaginations.

Thanks for your time and good luck for all.

PS: I'm gamer, not developer.

2. Welcome to TA!

While it's nice that you took the time to post a list, the thing about being a developer is that most developer tend to have way more ideas than they have time to realize. I'm just learning myself, but I have absolutely no shortage of ideas to choose from. I already have my first two titles mapped out and have already started jotting down ideas for a third. And that's just the actual road map. For possible projects beyond that I have way more than I could ever possibly do.

Most developers are the same way. In fact, many got into development because they have a lot of ideas for games that perhaps no one else was doing, or wasn't doing the way they thought it should be done. (Some get into it just for the money and crank out mediocre derivations of existing titles, but that's to be expected.)

A common expression among developer is "ideas are a dime a dozen," and they are. Nobody ever made money being an "idea man" because everyone's got 'em.

Not to burst your bubble or anything. I'm sure your ideas will eventually turn up on the App Store sooner or later -- as soon as those ideas trickle to the top of whomever has them on their agendas. :)

3. yellowsquirrel

yellowsquirrel Active Member

May 11, 2009
    #3 yellowsquirrel, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
    Saw this and thought of you :)

http://www.medlmobile.com/index.shtml

As the last poster suggested, I think that most devs have enough ideas to see them into 2010 and way beyond. This site promises to give non-programmers a chance to have their games brought to life...

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Trust me when I say that this is not a problem. Actually, it would be more helpful if you could find a way to reduce the number of ideas. :) The reason you see a lot of clones doesn't have anything to do with lack of ideas.

--Eric

5. strawdog

strawdog Well-Known Member

As Mindfield said, 99.9% of developers started developing because they had lots of ideas they wanted to see made into games. Coming up with ideas isn't the hard part.
    None of the ideas posted appear to be new.