Universal Anomaly: Warzone Earth (by 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

2. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Videos completely sold it for me, thanks guys!

3. Fabyo

Fabyo Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Well, this is the best of today releases.

4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#45 Habakuk, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    And the iOS versions seem to have even less content.

Thanks. Changed status from "instabuy" to "waiting for impressions" sixty minutes before it gets published here in Austrian App Store. Just in time. :cool:

And maybe you've seen most of the game already. In the video with the dev (a higher level obviously) there is ONE more realtime tactical element besides repair facility and smoke screen/shield (and besides the usual buy/upgrade/arrange armor RPG stuff). And that was it (hopefully NOT). :rolleyes:

BTW I love the "smart upgrade" function in Death Rally that does all the boring upgrade stuff automatically (but can be overruled).

5. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Yeah, that was my opinion too.

6. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Yeah, if this game turns out to play worse than it looks, this will be a sad week. I don't think there's a single other title I'm even semi-interested in.

7. Guardian Of Asgaard

Guardian Of Asgaard Active Member

Mar 2, 2011
    England
    Just picked this up on a whim and played the first couple of levels before going to bed, and initial impressions are that this game is AWESOME. It feels like such a high quality game in all areas so far, looking forward to playing more!

8. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    how many levels are there?

9. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Same. Nothing else that interests me that much tonight. Only this! :)

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Out in the US! (If you didn't know, click the link in the first post to buy the game if searching for it doesn't work). :)

11. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Anyone know this?

12. ZureaL

ZureaL Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I don't think I'd call it a downgrade. I've had the PC version since it was released on Steam and been playing the iPad version for the past 40 minutes. The big difference is the lack of direct control of the commander, but honestly, I thought it was one of the weaker aspects of the PC version. I'm REALLY liking the iPad version.

I've only gotten through the first 5 missions, so I'm not sure what the difference may be between the PC and this version as far as number of missions are concerned, nor if all the cut scene movies are included or are missing. It feels like fewer cut scene movies, but I'm not 100% on that.

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    After playing 5 missions, I could see how it might get repetitive, but so far I'm really liking the game. The graphics are very good for an iOS game, and all of the audio (sound/music/voice acting) fits perfectly. I would've liked to have the leader character in the iOS version, though. Either way, this is not a sad week at all.

14. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I've never played any of the other versions of this, but I'm loving this one.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This game seriously goes hard. So glad it's on the iOS now. $1.99 is an awesome deal. Tower offense, good shit.

16. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    So it's worth getting?

17. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

I think it's more suit to play in PC than iPhone, but if you are fan of TD game, you probably should pick it up my friend! ^^

PS: I becomes a bit repeating with me after few levels. And the iPhone is starting become very hot. Does anyone face with the same issue?

18. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I love this game on my ipad2. Ipad2 is the best iDevice to play this game. Look who's leading the online score board. Lol

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Thinking about double-dipping for the iPad 2. It looks so freaking good even on the iPod Touch. Nice on the leaderboards xP.