iPad rRootage Online (FREE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Awesome. I love how the dev has been keeping this update for new devices.
    rRootage is a must-have for any shmup / bullet hell fan.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Damn right. I'm picky as crap when it comes to bullet hell games, if it's not Touhou Project I'm generally not interested, but I've been loving the iOS port of rRootage ever since I got my 2nd Gen Touch all those years ago :)

Looks fantastic on iPad 3 (and above) by the way.

3. Looks really pretty in ipad retina! Love this game on my new ipad! Thanks so much!

4. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Adding my voice to the chorus of kudos. Well done.

5. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Had some time to add support for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus resolutions (HD version only). Version 1.4.0 is available on the App Store.

Let me know if you have any issues.

6. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Nice! Any self-respecting fan of shmups and/or minimalist graphical design should get this pronto (if they haven't already). Still one of my all-time favorites.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woo!! Yeah, I wasn't expecting an update for anything I have installed, then saw this. It's a nice surprise! I don't have a 6, but it's nice to know that if I do get one that I'll be able to play this. =oD

8. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Thanks Guise, I really appreciate your support over all the years. I remember you posting in this thread when I was testing early builds on a 1st gen iPod Touch ;)

9. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    @weakfl

I almost forgot about the game. (Shame on me) But reading the thread made me download the hd version for my new iPad mini. Looks great! Totally worth the 0.99 cents.

Thanks for bringing the Kenta Cho experience to iOS and supporting this game after all these years :)

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    This game is so much fun. Now if someone would port Noiz2sa Id be in heaven. If you love shoot'em ups you must buy this!

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
  12. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I've received a report, that the game doesn't run fullscreen on the iPhone 6 Plus. Unfortunately I only have a 6 for testing and everything is working fine on the simulator.

It'd be great if someone with a 6 Plus could help with testing. Please answer to this thread or send me a pm. You don't need to own the game...

13. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I've tried both versions on the 6+. HD runs great at fullscreen but I can confirm that the free version isn't full screen. I'd be willing to help test (as long as it's not too complicated!) if you're still having issues. Because, and I may have mentioned this before, rRootage rules.

14. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    #134 weakfl, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    The free version not being full screen is to be expected, I've never updated it with the different retina modes and screen sizes. I'll probably make the HD modes available in the free version sooner or later though, it's not that big of a deal anymore ;)

Regarding the bug:
    I've meanwhile found out that it only happens when you enable display zoom in settings and only affects the 6 Plus.
    I've made some changes which I hope should fix the issue, but display zoom is not available on the simulator, so I cannot test it. I should have a build available for external testing in the next days, so if you don't mind I'll send you an invitation as soon as it has been reviewed by Apple.

EDIT:
    Apple has finally changed the review process for external test builds and the new build is already available. So if you want to test just pm me your email address. Thanks!

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #135 LordShad0wz, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    I thank you for the links. I immediately purchased the original port by ZodTTD. I remember zod actually made ports on my old device. Sadly after purchasing the original Noiz2sa is so laggy and slow it's unplayable. On an IPhone 5s. I emailed Zod with no reply.

The 2nd port that's not original does run nicely. So I'm playing that.

And of course I love RRootage! It was an INSTAbuy for me. We need a proper Noiz2sa port with the music too! (Hint hint dev haha)

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woah... Update...

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #137 syntheticvoid, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    And I really shouldn't have done that...
    Iphone 5-iOS 7.1.2

Guess I should see if there's a support email... =o/

Wrote em, guess I'll see if it leads to anything. If they respond, I'll share (for anyone interested). =o)

Attached Files:

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Runs well on 9.2. Nice to see it still being supported.

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Glad it's (so far) just 7.x.

I did get a response (was kinda surprised it was so quick)

So good news there. =o)

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Yessssss! I am smiling so hard. I am so happy to see this maintenance update. It really is a great game.

Now I wish for a true Noiz2sa update. Or another port being done.

That game really is the pinnacle of bullet hell. Even as old as it is it's just amazing.

Billy