List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks. There was one of these that I was avoiding a while back because of the IAP hints. Off to download it now!

2. On a semi-unrelated note...
    Does anyone have any idea why my iCloud game saves would have disappeared? They were still there when I moved everything over to my iPhone 5, but now they're gone. All I had was Swordigo and IB2 (and IB2 wouldn't load, but I always had hope it might one day), but they're both nowhere to be found. I installed Swordigo again to see if it picked up on any saves and it didn't. What gives?

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You should really give it a try again. I've been playing it off and on throughout the weekend and I'm really impressed. At first I didn't quite see it, but as you get deeper into the box it really gets interesting. I like how it's not just a "tap to activate" affair either. When you want to use a key or screwdriver you actually have to spin it. Grab and drag a handle to slide a drawer out. There's even one puzzle where you have to tilt to get things in place (wish there were more of those) and another where you have to use three fingers to do multiple things at once. I'm not sure if I'm of the mindset that it's the "ultimate" game, but there's no question that the developers did a lot more to take advantage of the touch gestures than most do for this type of game especially.

4. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I don't know about Swordigo, but IB2 created a new save file when I put it on my iPad, which conveniently overwrote my iCloud save...:confused:

5. Grrr. There's no way in hell I'm starting IB2 over again after all the hours I out into it.
    I hadn't played much of Swordigo, so no loss there. Started playing it again, though, and got pretty deep in. But even though I told it to save to cloud, I see no cloud save.

Come on, Apple, this is inexcusable!

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  7. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    What a weird promotion, G5e is calling these games some of the most romantic ever, and giving them away for Valentines Day (see http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2d085bacccacc5443bae2430c&id=421364eb6c&e=c43c132b5c). I don't remember them being anything but horror games...good horror games, but still horror games.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I agree that I'm not sure they fall under the category of "romance", but I never really thought of them as horror games either. I would tend to classify them more as "supernatural mystery".

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Do we have an updated list of adventure games? The link i got from page one is incomplete.

Im not really looking for COMPLETE per se, but was looking more into having a big list of adventure games.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Unfortunately I ran into the same trap as the person who started this the first time around. I just ran out of time to keep updating the list. I know it doesn't seem like it should take that long, especially since there really aren't that many adventure games coming out each week, but it just stopped happening after a while. I've considered going back every now and again and trying to add new stuff to it, but honestly at this point I don't have much of a desire to do that any more.

11. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I must admit (sorry Eric) that I never look at the list nowadays. It has become so large that I just rely on posts on this thread to direct me to any new releases that are worth a look

Love Story - Letters from the Past is out on BFG. Should be a romantic one for Valentines Day

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/love-story-letters-from-past/id532371185?mt=8

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    No need to apologize. I pretty much figured that to be the case for most people, which is part of my motivation for giving up on updating it. I think it was a good idea initially, but to be really useful it would probably need much more sophisticated search and filter mechanisms.

13. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    thank you!

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    For those that didn't immediately jump on the bandwagon like I did, you can now get Castle Dracula for free. Someone check it out and let me know if my 99 cents was well spent :)

15. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Chronos Salvation just released for ipad and iphone. Seems to be an adaptation from another platform. Anybody played it?

16. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    #4936 podbud, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    Originally Posted by paul.hendricks
    I am having a lot of fun with G5e's new game InBetween Land. It is an item based-puzzle game where you find items in one location and take them to another to solve puzzles. No real hidden object scenes that I can remember. It does not have the usual dark, murderous atmosphere either. All around a fun game. Link is to G5e's site:

InBetween Land HD

InBetween Land
    From the video preview it looks like fragmented hidden object scenes. Developer is Specialbit Studios who also did the Haunted Hotel series. Non-horror games are a nice change these days. I might give it a try though I am falling behind.

Loved playing this game! Immersible and beautiful to look at. I've grown tired of the hunt for hidden (useless and irrelevant) objects, so any game that includes searching for items that are relevant to the progression of the game and to build items to continue suck me in big time. I hope there's a IBL 2!

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Anyone with a quick list for adventure games with gameplay similar to 3rd person point-and-click adventure games? I was looking for games similar to Monkey island titles, Leisure Suite Larry, or something similar to Flight of the Amazon Queen?

Didnt want to use The Walking Dead as an example as we know that that is like 9000 levels higher than the competition. Oh, and im already familiar with the Telltale games. Anything else i can put my hands on?

Thanks in advance!!!

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The Broken Sword games
    Beneath a Steel Sky

I'm sure there are others, but these are the only ones that are coming to mind at the moment. Unfortunately the 3rd person perspective for adventure games is not nearly as popular on iOS devices as first person.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Once again you guys are being awfully quiet. I'm surprised no one mentioned that Big Fish put their entire collection of games on sale yesterday. Go shopping. Have fun!

Also, Chronos Salvation HD is on sale for 99 cents (the iPhone version is as well).