Universal Down In The Deep (roguelike / RPG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 10, 2014.

1. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Any videos of this? I like rouges but I like to see gameplay first

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #102 Yossarian, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    I will be creating and uploading the game-play video around the 4th or 5th August.
    As soon as it is uploaded to YouTube I will let people know :)

It will be a high-res video (1280x720) and it will feature game audio as well.

3. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    It's really something to see so many updates and improvements. There's quite a bit more here than where the game started...I just don't know if the real time does it for me, as the strategizing isn't as intense...with the wizard and archer, you can zig and zag just outside of the enemies range...it works but gets old, but then what else? Maybe a flash before enemies attack so you can increase your dodge if you time a tap right, or a critical attack if you get the timing down...something to add the level of participation.

4. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Thanks for the feedback.

That is a good idea :) I will look into it and see what I can add.

I did have something like this planned at the start of the project so there would be action buttons that would allow the player to do additional things like double the damage, block enemy attacks quicker etc... and these action buttons would have a cool-down time before they could be used again.

In the end I did not add these buttons as I was worried it would be to complex for most people. I suppose it is silly to worry about this as most rogue players are used to and enjoy complex RPG / strategy games.

At the moment I am adding a world chest so you can return to the world surface and store any loot you want to keep instead of selling it to the dungeon merchants.

5. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #105 Yossarian, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Update soon.

6. Dymonic

Dymonic Active Member

May 8, 2014
    Sooner then later?

7. Dymonic

Dymonic Active Member

May 8, 2014
    The monsters need to be able to free roam and chase you..

8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #108 Repulsa, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    please back back to update and add the chest where you can store loot you don't want to sell! really love this game the look is awesome (dark and dungeony) and I honestly like that the combat is not turn based or strategic there are plenty of those games and I play this when I want something different it's the roguelike hack n slash :)