Dev needed for Action RPG Runner from World Without End creator

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by steveruy, Feb 25, 2013.

1. steveruy

steveruy Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Comic book guy/ game creator/director
    NY
    I'm looking for an ios dev to code my newest game, Oasis, a story-based action/RPG Runner. My other game, World Without End, is currently being programmed and in good hands, so I thought I'd start another game as a way to give other devs a chance who wanted to work on it but I couldn't find a spot for. Unfortunately, the dev I was working with on this newer game had to drop out after a month, so I thought I'd offer it up to whoever shows the most enthusiasm for a game of this genre.

This is a profit share only thing. It's a much smaller game than World Without End so I don't expect it to take more than 2-3 months to code in the right hands. I have some code done for it, but I don't know how far my last dev got before he had to go. It'd be up to you if you want to continue where he left off or just start fresh on your own.

Any questions, just PM me, thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mmilo

mmilo New Member

Oct 18, 2010
    (Copied and pasted from the iPhoneSDKForums)

Looks very nice.

What kind of timeframe / timeline are you looking at here? If it's a profit share, I'm sure neither of us want to waste time dragging things on.

Do you have a comparable game (anything in the App Store) for scoping purposes? A runner is one thing, RPG elements add alot more dimensions (and naturally alot more work).

3. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    Based on what my previous dev said, it shouldn't take an experienced dev longer than 3 months to get this done.

My other game, World Without End, is still being coded. You can see its progress at my website www.steveuy.com

I'm offering 30% profit share on this. Yes, RPG elements will increase the workload, but if it can't compete with the top tier titles or have something new to offer the world, then it's just a waste of everyone's time. You won't be seeing quick cash grabs coming from me.

4. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    We're using Cocos2d.

5. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    Position still available, PM me for more info, thanks.