How long would you wait before resending review requests?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by DechoTech, Oct 26, 2013.

1. DechoTech

DechoTech Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Co-Founder, Artist
    Thailand
    #1 DechoTech, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    Hello guys,I've just release my first title "Swap Cats" last week and sent review requests to about 100 sites.
    Unfortunately, I only got responds that offer paid expedited review.

I'm not sure whether my request is interesting enough or not since I am not that good in writing skill.
    But,I would think positively that they might missed my email accidentally or I catch them at the wrong time.

How long would you wait?
    I will rewrite it and change the subject and the last thing to do, Pray!

Btw,I have another question..
    Are there other forums to announce my new game, casual mobile games specially?
    I already post it here but it's crowded with god quality mid-core games that would kick my thread to page 10 within hours.

Any feedback on my game, game icon, game description and screenshots would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

PS.I used review sites from this spreadsheet and this spreadseet.
    The promoterapp.com "Sites" section also have a great list of sites but it included sites of all platform.

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I have found most of the time review requests are simply a way for the site to offer you a paid expedited review.

None of the developers (small sample I admit) have had much luck submitting for reviews.

3. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    hi I had ago on your game and it looks very polished and professional. Sadly the match 3 market is very crowded and it will be difficult to get reviews from big websites. maybe start smaller and see if some less well known bloggers will review it.

Is there away to pay to remove the adds? I could not see it. if I was going to start to paying for coins I would think twice if the ads were still there.

4. DechoTech

DechoTech Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Co-Founder, Artist
    Thailand
    A.) Well, I will send request to any sites I found involved with mobile gaming next time :D
    I am going contacting some publishers, not sure if they will ok that it has been released.

B.) I've tested a function that if you bought one of my product, the ads will be gone.
    But, It's not live yet I will put this feature in the next version. Unfortunately, itune takes at least a week to update.