Hondune's Truck Trials (3d Physics Based Skill Driving Game!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hondune, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hondune

Hondune Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    #1 Hondune, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    Hello all!

I am very proud to announce a new game i have been working on for the last couple months!

Hondune's Truck Trials!

Ill Cut straight to the chase and just post the video for those who dont care to read ;)

For those of you who do care to read...

Hondune's Truck Trials is a game that sets itself apart from other driving games. This time it's NOT all about speed, but rather pure skill, concentration, and a little luck. The goal is to get as many of the 4 crates you start with to the finish 'zone'. Each crate counts as a 1000 point bonus to an otherwise falling score. Each time you pass a level you unlock the next level, and possibly a new vehicle! Compete locally and globally to gain the highest score on each of the 40 levels! Then take your unlocked vehicles and hone your skills in the free ride arena!

Features:

-Extremely realistic vehicle physics with accurate suspension, mass, torque, friction, .etc

-Each vehicle feels very different with unique weight, speed, torque, suspension, etc.

-8 Vehicles (1 to start with, 7 unlocked throughout the game)

-40 increasingly Challenging levels with physics based puzzles and challenges (from teeter totters and moving platforms to pressure pad enabled events causing you to be launched into the air!)

-Local leaderboards (top 5 scores for each level)

-Global leaderboards (top 100 scores for each level, includes username, total score, number of crates, overall time, and which truck was used)

-Free ride arena with various obstacles

-5 level skips for when you get stuck and just can't seam to move on!

-Intuitive camera controls let you move the camera to any angle you need!

More levels and vehicles coming in the future!

**RESTART YOUR DEVICE BEFORE PLAYING THIS APP TO ASSURE THE BEST PERFORMANCE**

**THIS APP WILL RUN ON THE IPHONE 3GS, HOWEVER IT WAS DESIGNED AND BUILT FOR 4TH GEN AND ABOVE/I PADS. IT MAY RUN SLIGHTLY JITTERY ON A 3GS. PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Due to the advanced physics Hondune's Truck Trials will only be available to 3gs or above devices and both 1st and 2nd gen i pads. (The possibility for backwards compatibility is in development)

2. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    #2 Hondune, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    Adding screenshots.

Attached Files:

3. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    The game has been submitted to apple and is awaiting review, it will be available at the earliest of thursday!

*updated app description

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    looks fantastic..this will be a must buy for me!

5. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Universal or iPad version?

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow looks very cool. How much will it cost?

7. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I love the graphics, cell shaded I would guess, however the UI is very un polished and a huge turn off for me. I am still going to buy this, but I suggest you update the UI.

8. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Would you be willing to add stunt style maps for the free ride portion of the game? A new set my maps that you can drive your unlocked cars on. Jumps, ramps, catapults, tall buildings, giants loops etc. you could do that as an iAP if you wanted which wouldn't be a bad idea.

But other than that you have me genuinely excited for this. like the aforementioned issue of the UI the game is awesome.

9. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    It is a universal app, will be available for Iphone 3gs and above, aswell as Ipad 1 and 2 :)

it is set to release at $2.99!

@ Everyone else, may i ask what parts of the UI you are not fond of? This is my first entirely self published game, so any criticism is helpful

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'd say change the big white icons along the top of the screen. Make them a bit smaller and push them to the top corners of the screen. other than that it looks fine.

11. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I guess you wouldnt need tilt/lean controls as its not possible in a truck and the buttons are strictly for steering please?

12. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    In free roam would we be able to make our own ramps, trails, rock climbs? Would be awesome. When I saw the rock climbing, I was like omfg yes yes.

13. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    Unfortunately you will not be able to create your own map in free roam. however it is something i am really heavily looking into adding as a free update because i to think it would be really awesome!

However when your playing the actual game there is no limits on what you can do. so if you like crawling or whatever on a particular map you can completely ignore the timer and just drive around if you please. It will not reset you for going away from the level, or taking to long or anything like that.

If i am unable to create a level editor for free roam mode i will at very least add much more free roam maps to choose from in the first free update :)

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #14 oooooomonkey, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Cool. If your looking at creating more maps. Looking at the trailer the physics look sweet and I'd be after hill climb style events. (that's if there isn't one already)

Oh and don't take this the wrong way as don't mean to be rude but have you thought about having an intro sale? (I'm sick of being stung a few weeks after release instead of being rewarded for being an early buyer)

15. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    so? No tilt controls or anything?
    This is still getting released this eve (US) correct?

I personally think all games would benefit from having an intro sale; more purchases = more reviews.

16. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    #16 Hondune, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    No there is no tilt controls, just the buttons at the bottom of the screen for driving, and you can move your finger around on the screen to move the camera around your vehicle. If there is a very large amount of people asking for it i can add a tilt steering option. However i feel the game tends to work better without it...

As far as an intro sale i may release it for $0.99 only for the first day or two, you will have to wait and see ;)

The game will be normally priced at only $2.99, compared to many other games this is a very low price especially considering it can easily take multiple hours just to pass each level alone, not to mention get 4 crates on each level and competing with people online ect.

for you guys worried about being shafted on the price i can assure you that it will not change any time soon. I may lower it for a day or two for large holidays ect. but there on non of those coming any time soon so its nothing to worry about :)

If everything goes as planned (IE if apple approves it in time) it will be released tomorrow (thursday, the 19th)

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Cool here's hoping for a speedy approval.

18. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    So not releasing tonight?

19. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Any sign of this in NZ tonight?

20. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yeah I'm hoping for this to be approved soon as I didn't buy anything last night and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.