Universal SHADOWGUN: DeadZone - (by MADFINGER) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fastbridge, Nov 15, 2012.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    This game crashes A LOT even on iPad 2/iPhone 4S with not so cool framerate, so I think that every 1 star review doesn't only come from users with iPod Touch 4.

2. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    You. Have not. Played. The game.

Stop complaining. This is simple to understand.

That's a shame. It's also a shame that people don't know how to clear their cached applications.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It's probably a good thing that I can't play this game. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole subscription thing. Other than Xbox Live, I've always avoided games with monthly fees (and probably have missed out some great experiences as a result).

But I think subscription based games on the iOS is probably an even riskier idea than PC games, etc. The vast majority of iOS gamers probably just play a few minutes here and there. I consider myself a fairly hardcore gamer, but I also don't get the kind of time these days to play games. That's why I have a huge backlog and plenty of unfinished games. So paying a monthly subscription would probably be a waste for me.

I know Madfinger has to pay for their servers, etc., so I'm not pointing my finger at them saying this is a bad thing. Just concerned even for their own profit margins that it may not work. I could be wrong.

Game looks fantastic, though. Just kind of hope TA doesn't review it. I fear another world war ala Dead Trigger may start. :eek:

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I have played the game. I'm not complaining. Expressing a valid opinion about paying for a premium account through recurring subscriptions is a legitimate beef.

Do you understand that?? Your the one that is whining :D about people expressing their opinions. If you don't like it, don't participate in this thread discussing the game.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #245 JBRUU, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    Great. That makes two of us. But two other kids asking if their devices are compatible is not akin to "whining", I'm sorry. Just because you (and many other people) have the latest and greatest in technology doesn't mean that those who don't are inferior in any way.

Wise management of money. If you don't need it, don't feel obligated to purchase one. But also don't feel entitled to support for a 2+ year old mobile device that was underpowered even when it first launched. FYI it is made very clear in the app's description if you read it that the iPod 4 is not supported.

6. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA

haha, so true. If Eli called Shadowgun Deadzone a " tech demo". I would grab my popcorn and enjoy this thread.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And keep out of it if possible. Madfinger threads have a history of getting members banned, put in time out and creating lasting grudges.

8. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I will :D Fortunately I didn't get banned in the Dead Trigger thread but it did get heated.

9. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I understand that you're acting childish. I'm defending something you're attacking with ridiculous entitlement. You're showing a lack of grammatical understanding and whiny behavior.

In other words, I'm done. You're not worth it anymore.

10. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    This game is fun as hell,I like the zone control mode,feels like battlefield 3,also did anyone else learn the med-kit trick? Helpful in free for all xD

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What medkit trick?

12. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Actually you don't have to pay if you don't want,the only things you get with premium is 50% more cash/xp for stuff,and voice chat,I'd like to try voice chat,but in waiting for vice city and MC4 to come out before spending any money

13. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Lay down medkit,and stay next to it,I survived 3 people shooting at me,but they missed a lot of bullets

14. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #255 Johnny101, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    No, your post doesn't make sense at all. Your the one being childish and whiney. At least if your going to argue, back it up !! with some intelligent discussion and make some points.

Grammatical understanding??...What are you referring to?

I understand the game, do you have an understanding of how the premium accounts work and the need to resubscribe?? That is a big factor in this type of game because it includes connection and voice chat, extra xp and extra cash that come with the premium account. I have absolutely no sense of entitlement. I have already stated that I don't have a problem with some iAP's, just not temporary subscriptions...

Your not worth it man !! At least I back up my point of view.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  16. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011

It's made very clear, yes. In the bottem of the description. Not the top, where it needs to be. I read the whole description, I understand Madfinger doesn't support the 4G anymore, but most people don't and are leaving bad reviews because of it. Again, derpy move on Madfinger's part.

And please stop insulting my device. It's an iPod touch 4G, not an iPad 2. I understand that.

17. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    This is what I mean. Learn to spell.

We're done here.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    As much as I hate when devs don't support a device that's listed in the "Requirements" section, it's not usually the devs themselves that are to blame for the misunderstanding. Apple doesn't make it easy to restrict devices. Usually it has to be a hardware restriction (in this case they probably used the "front facing camera", which unfortunately doesn't exclude the iPod Touch 4G).

So until devs are allowed to actually hand select the devices a game supports, there's going to continue to be people that download games that aren't supported because the App Store allows you to.

For example, my 3GS wouldn't even allow me to download this game because it doesn't have a front facing camera. If devs were givenmore leeway in what is blocked from being downloaded, it would save a lot of heartache.

19. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I don't care if you argue with Johnny, or anyone for that matter, but stop being a total jerk about it.

On topic, is the premium stuff as over powered as people say it is?