Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I saw the Hobbit. I read the book years ago and currently reading it to my son.
    I went to see it first to check if it was appropriate for him. Sadly, they turned a wonderful story into a Hollywood action movie. Probably in order to appeal to a wider audience. They put in not just the Hobbit story but also Appendices from the LOTR books to fatten it up as well. Overall I expected something better.

2. glory87

glory87 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Weeee! I got my garnet. Since I'm expecting a baby in a week, I'm super excited to get his gemstone dragon.

3. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Congrats on Garnet. Happy you got it for the expected little one :)

4. Lel0501

Lel0501 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Birthday dragon please

So glad to see everyone had a successful breeding time over the holidays. I got the limiteds I was missing but didn't try for my missing gemstone eggs. My new goal today is to get the Garnet dragon as today is my birthday so think it will be a nice gift for me lol x. So far only 48 hour fails so its not going well :rolleyes:
    Good luck everyone x:)

5. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Ted! ;)
    Congrats on your second AND third LY's, good work, so happy you got yours.
    Yes, I'm rapt the limited dragons have been extended, to avoid the eclipse, I will wait till limited timeframe ends, then try for Garnet. Good luck with your Garnet

6. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wishing you a very happy birthday for today Lel :D
    Hope you get your birthday Garnet very soon, good luck!

7. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Is anyone trying for an Emerald and have you gotten it yet?

I having been trying and still have had no luck. I have used more gems than I care to admit, have gotten 4 Leap Years (sorry GP :eek:), 10 Ghost, 6 Blue Moons, 1 Sun and several of the other possible failures. I am beginning to think that Emerald is impossible! All I want is the egg :rolleyes:

8. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Finally 1 garnet down, 2 to go.

9. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Just like you, I'm also trying for the Emerald egg. And I got nothing but fails as well. I was going to quit after this week if I didn't get a Garnet. Lol!

10. glory87

Dec 2, 2011
    Finally got a second Gift!!!

11. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Same I got that today!
    Just new another sapphire and its being a bugger...then I can start work on garnet

12. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Happy New Year!

Hi everyone! I haven't written in awhile, but I've been reading all of your posts and playing Dragonvale throughout the holidays. Thanks to everyone for the tips and gems. You're all the best!

PS: I'm pretty sure I have a Garnet on the way, which means that I once again have every dragon. Not two of every dragon...I'll settle for one of each. :)

- DD

13. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Got my first Garnet and my Emerald egg in the cave! Yes!

14. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Congrats !! Good to know that they are possible for someone :) After my 24 hr timer (Crystal) finally cleared the cave this morning I got a 48 hr. :( I think I am out of time to get the Emerald egg. Will have to try again when it comes back.

15. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    @AK, yippee....so pleased for you...EMERALD at loong last, plus a Garnet already too....that's a great reward for your diligence ;)

@dean....oh darn, 48 hr killer :( really hope you get another try before its too late....I'm still not having any joy with LY, got both caves trying for it too :mad:
    These 48 hr fails really don't help do they, you're not alone my friend, but we will fight to the bitter end... Good luck!!

16. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Argh! :mad: I am having no luck getting a Garnet ...Got another Solar eclipse as a fail again....

I have only 11days left to get my Garnet before I board ship. NO wifi for 2 weeks! :(

17. kasm

kasm Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Anyone know when the Gift Dragon will go away? I just found out that you could get a second one. Meanwhile I've been spending the last 2 weeks trying to get a second platinum.

18. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Finally got the Emerald for my egg display today. I'm sure it is because I found my lucky little pink hair troll today while cleaning a drawer and had it with me when I bred this time :D

Good luck to everyone still trying for that special limited that they still need.

19. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Anybody know if there are other combinations that work for the Garnet dragon besides smoke and obsidion?

20. glory87

Dec 2, 2011
    Nope, gem dragons have always been a single combination.