MC: Sandstorm Multiplayer fixed?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sk8erdude50, Dec 10, 2009.

1. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    After all the complaints of crashing and accusations against gameloft for spamming, it seems that people are starting to play multiplayer. But for me, it still seems buggy. After a couple tries, I finally got into a game, and chose my class and got in. All i did was roam around for a couple minutes trying to find where everyone was (even though grenades were being thrown somewhere) where it suddenly says connection lost. This has happened many times and i am wondering if anyone has been able to play multiplayer yet.

2. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    na i dunt think so

3. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I've been able to play multiplayer just fine. The only times it crashes are when I'm in the same match for more than 5-10 minutes. Try hosting and keeping the time limit at 5 minutes. It never drops the connection for me when I do that.

4. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i've joined few matches also
    but i can't see anyone on the map
    and sometimes they are just in the midle of the center of the map ;)
    it still not working for me
    i also joined a game but it's over when i joined
    because of that game i now have a ranking
    with the record of 0 kills 0 deaths and 0 points
    cheers! :D

5. sk8erdude50

Oct 6, 2009
    That is EXACTLY what is happening to me, they just stay in the middle, then it says connection lost. I have an iphone, what r u using?

6. kugi_igi

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i'm on iPhone too
    and just sharing internet connection from a laptop ;)

7. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    this UPNP thing is BS, try to keep in mind people using apple products, like their ROUTER!!! :(

8. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Still crashing at search

9. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    weird

Min just started working fine! Alot of fun actually when you find an active host with a good number of people. Teams are pretty fun. One terrible downfall though and it pisses me off to no end. You die too easily, I can see being hit by a rocket or a couple grenades could kill you but instead, you just get shot like 2 times with a AK and you're dead. Gets frustrating when you cant even turn around before getting killed.

10. kugi_igi

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    though mine still isn't working,i like what i'm seeing
    at first i can't even join any match
    then i try and try,i finally joined one but evryone ia just in the middle of the map
    the i still try,i can frequently enter a match but still they are in the center and disconnects immediately
    but now,i actually finished one match shooting them while they are crowded at the center ;)
    i hope next time i try it will work fine.....haizt......

11. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    Nope, still broken.

uPnP thing is shit.

12. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I've been able to join a game, but before any action I get a disconnect (999) error, so far that's as far as I've come.

Major FAIL by Gameloft - they better fix this if they wan't success with NOVA.

13. theaustrianoak

theaustrianoak Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    still not working for me. at work, the wireless router doesn't support upnp. at home, i can connect and join a game, but when i finally get into the game all the players are standing at the middle of the map. shortly afterwards i get disconnected with a -999

14. kugi_igi

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    UPnP isn't really my problem
    i just encounter that error when i'm disconnected then i reconnect
    however,still having the center of the map issue
    do you think that's related to the speed of my internet connection?
    i have 760+ kbps internet speed
    i don't think it's slow coz ,my download speed is ranging from 70 kbps to 120 kbps

15. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    hmm .. I don't know .. I think i did mentioned before that I refused to play mcs multiplayer until GL release a fixes for it ..

but just now, I've tried to connect .. success without any problem .. host a game .. the map loaded as what I'm expecting it to do, and then got people joining in the game and YES, we does have the hell of a good time ...

I think I've played for more than half an hour straight, and everything seems to work just fine ..

My GL ID is Gelas ..

16. sk8erdude50

Oct 6, 2009
    Well I guess most people are having the everyone goes in the middle and feezes problem. I guess i will just have to wait :(

17. Slayher

Slayher Active Member

Dec 8, 2009
    It's been a week, Still waiting for an update... Come on Gameloft...

18. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    It either always crashes when I join a searched game, or after I join it, I lose connection after I see the person. Hope it gets fixed soon... it would be awesome.

19. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    im playing just fine... just like connection error once every 10 match. no prob for me :)

20. sportsjunky563

Oct 31, 2009
    Great once you find router with upnp enabled!

I played for like 10 min great amazing and fun! Once you find a router with upnp it's great!