It would be awesome if someone started making YouTube walkthroughs

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tanukitsune, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Tanukitsune

Tanukitsune Well-Known Member

Specially for those puzzle games....:p

If you ever get stuck on Toki Tori or Archibald's Adventure the game makers themselves have video walkthroughs, but what about all the other games?

Would it be so hard for someone to create a YouTube channel for iPhone walkthroughs? There's one for flash games, so why wouldn't there be for iPhone games?

I'm pretty sure the first one to do it a decent job would get a ton of views! ;)

2. Tanukitsune

I already said that Toki Tori had an official walkthrough... XP

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    For a video game on a major console, maybe, but for an iPhone games that sports 200+ levels, not worth it at all. However, really popular games like Blocked have hundreds of tutorials by hundreds of users, so if it's popular, you might have better luck.

4. RoyalCanadian

RoyalCanadian Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    is there an app for video capture similar to FRAPS? I don't want to hold a camera infront of my face while i try to make a walkthrough

5. Tanukitsune

Yes, obviously if it's some obscure and unpopular game it wouldn't be worth the time, but I'm sure some would love to know how wot find the secret room in Spider, or how to beat Time Loop, Go! Go! Rescue Squad!, the Resident Evil games, Boulder Dash Rocks... and so many more?:confused:

6. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    I support the idea. Its a whole lota work though and i dont even know if there is a video capturing software for iphone? Its like some said, recording with a videocam while playing seem kinda b.

7. thievesandtigers

thievesandtigers Active Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Minneapolis
    I utilized the Toki Tori and Archibald's Adventures walkthroughs quite a bit. Some of those levels were hard! I like game developers who post those videos. It feels like cheating, but sometimes I'd rather cheat than be frustrated.

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    By all means have a go at it! I am sure lots of people would love it if you did!

9. Tanukitsune

Me? If I knew how to do it I would have already! :p

Also, I'm still stuck in some of those game... Which I why I think it would be awesome if someone did a video walktrhough of them! :D

I'm not sure there is a FRAPS for the iPhone, I think that when we see an iPhone game footage that's "full screen" it's simply taken from the computer it's being programed on?