Universal N.Y.Zombies 2 (By Foursaken Media)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 24, 2012.

1. MikeDG00

MikeDG00 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    a prinny
    with penguins
    I've finished the game just now... On normal though
    One twisted ending for sure

Doing hard right now, then nightmare( i'm trying to get all achievement )

2. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I really don't think this game will hook me enough to give it a second run, that's why I'm waiting for the update to finish the campaign, because I might not play it in nightmare.

3. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Can you guys add me for mulitplayer? My name is birdman139876

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'm looking forward to playing MP, but right now I can't connect with my 4G device. I'm sure that will be fixed with the new update.

On a general note, I find that Game center is brutal for mp. Even with call of duty black ops, it is so hard to find people on the game center system. If your trying to get more than 2 players, forget about it.

5. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #465 WCFields, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    In that area Game Center is a very bad joke, on a side note I'm on the verge of deleting this game, my character sometimes gets stuck in cars, walls,the M16 won't fire properly) I might not make it until the upcoming update.

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Just tried playing co-op with my friend but after we connected on GC his iPod was stuck at the Loading screen... He has an iPod touch 4 running iOS 6...

To Foursaken, any chance you guys might implement Bluetooth multiplayer?

7. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA

Game center is pretty brutal. I like games like Codwaw zombies and Modern combat for mp. These devs are using their own servers and they work well.. In all fairness they have the money to have their own servers. Not every dev can afford it.

8. MikeDG00

Aug 4, 2012
    a prinny
    with penguins
    Multiplayer always crash for me... too bad

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Any chance Bluetooth co-op multiplayer might be added?

10. MikeDG00

Aug 4, 2012
    a prinny
    with penguins
    Forgotten by the others at last..

11. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#471 Foursaken_Media, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    There's a chance... we'll have to look into it a bit more to see what it entails.

On other news, cannot wait for this freaking update to hit... this is the final FINAL change-list (update was submitted earlier this week, as we mentioned before - a few new additions since the last change-log). We've read every review, every comment on Youtube, and obvious every reply here and changed/fixed just about every issue that people have brought forward...

Update 1.1
    • fixed slowdown on iOS 6 on older devices (iphone 4, 3gs, ipod touch 4g, 3g)
    • added a traditional fps control scheme option - should be noticeably better for ipad users
    • added dynamic, floating move stick
    • increased movement speed
    • headshots kill regular zombies easier
    • made normal mode a bit easier (all enemies are easier to kill)
    • increased sensitivity, especially on iPad
    • made icons on iPad smaller so they can be more easily reached with one hand
    • move stick has a smaller radius on iPad, and so should be more responsive
    • enemies no longer clip through walls and objects
    • added double tap and hold to sustain fire with non-automatic weapons
    • improved full auto shooting controls
    • most weapons are now perfectly accurate in iron sights or when zoomed
    • iron sights has reduced sensitivity, to allow for more precision shots
    • fixed a multiplayer matchmaking issue
    • icloud/save data fixes
    • added alert if trying to play coop and not logged into gamecenter
    • added dialogue if an enemy drops a key
    • show endless tack on level 1 (to make sure people know there is co-op)
    • inverse look options
    • brooklyn bridge “Help from Above” side mission now spawns enemies
    • options are now accessible from in game pause menu
    • added more info about being able to earn Gold by completing side missions
    • lowered intensity of dirt screen overlay
    • lowered Firefighter zombie HPs
    • added a coupon redeem system to gift people currency or restore lost currency/progress

12. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    Awesome guys! Y'all are without a doubt one of the best Devs I've worked with/seen! Keep up the fantastic work!

;)

13. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

THIS IS SUPPORT.
    Thanks. Really.

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yep!! You guys rule!

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Nice update. Looking forward to it.
    Awesome work guys.
    I'm very interested to see the new control shooting scheme, I have a feeling it will be good addition on the iPad. Along with the floating d pad.
    Thanks.

16. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    looking forward to playing with you guys on mp .

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Will the floating d-pad be an option or default?

18. masta518

masta518 New Member

Nov 3, 2012
    #478 masta518, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    Got through six missions and did some multiplayer on the first version but didn't get a chance to write this until now, so if it's been updated this entire post might be invalid, but:

I think this game is a 6/10 at best. For one, it's extremely laggy on 3rd gen when you have around two dozen zombies/enemies on the screen and is barely playable. This is made worse since levels seem to have endlessly respawning zombies until you complete the objective. Since headshots aren't instant kills and guns are extremely weak (used the pistol, m4, hunting shotgun), you probably won't be able to kill them fast enough before them become a huge horde. The difficulty is ridiculous since zombies are so hard to kill and there's always something really annoying that blocks your path (dogs, crows, mice) in every single level. The gameplay just feels really slow (partly because of lag) and simply isn't that fun. Also, if you have iron sights, I think it's silly to have to tap on the screen to fire from the hip, it's just a weird design choice that I believe is influenced from the original. This is also made a problem since the buttons are kind of small, so I accidentally shoot instead of going into iron sights. Also, the 'interact' button is way too small. I love the expanded selection of weapons over the original and the inclusion of skill trees were a great idea, but unfortunately I can't test all of them out because I uninstalled.

I don't know, maybe my complaints are mainly from the hideous lag (rebooted, ran a memory cleaner, closed all apps and it was still lagging on the harbourfront), which makes the game seem harder than it really is (maybe they want us to use the cash-shop? Shame!), but NYZ2 is just a step down from the original. The original had a perfect difficulty (got through all of it without dying, but very challenging) and was pretty fun, NYZ2 is too ambitious for it's own good. It's worth it for a sale, but not $5.99 or whatever!

19. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    The game is getting a massive update ( see previous page) I would at least wait until the update before your review. Personally I think the game is way better with free roam, than the original.

20. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

It is default now. It has a lower dynamic area that it can be placed in the tap-to-shoot scheme though, because obviously you could be moving the screen around with your left finger as well.

Thanks for the thoughts. Would've hoped you'd kept it on your device until at least the first update, which adds and fixes what seems like a lot of your concerns (faster movement, enemies much easier to kill in normal, headshots kill easier, better sensitivity, new traditional/standard control options, lag fix for low gens with iOS 6, etc)...

And although difficulty has been toned down on normal in the update (enemies being easier to kill), we do understand there will be some who expect NYZ2 to be like an arcade shooter while being able to blast their way effortlessly through the game (not saying that is you, mind you)... the game was designed to take a little thinking. In the beta, with many players so far, and in our own opinion, part of the charm of NYZ2 is that you might have to adjust your equipment and strategies a few times before beating a level. On Harbor for ex, the Gas Mask (immunity to poison) and/or Health Kit (which heals your allies if you find that they keep dying) can be life savers.