Good remote desktop app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sweetdiss, Nov 4, 2012.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    What is currently the best app for viewing/controlling your PC through iPhone and iPad?

I'm looking for something that works away from home (doesn't require local wifi) without a subscription. Currently I have Splashtop, but you need a subscription for the away-from-home stuff.

2. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jump-desktop-remote-desktop/id364876095?mt=8

I would recommend this or iTeleport( yet to try RDP for it)

3. astranberg

astranberg Member

Apr 14, 2012
    There are tons. Make sure you go cheap!!

4. rickyaliasgar

rickyaliasgar New Member

Jan 18, 2013
    TeamViewer is the best app which I use for accessing PC through iPhone. I even use gosupportnow remote support tool, in case I want to have view only connection between my PC and iPad.

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I was interested in this and downloaded a bunch a while back. AFAIK, only one of these apps support tunneling through "SSH" in order to secure your remote control over the internet, but the instructions were unclear and I didn't manage to get it to work in the end as it required downloading, registering and configuring third party programs.

iTeleport and Splashtop worked well for remote controlling the home network through Wi-Fi though.

6. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I use jump desktop with my iPad and pc - I use it every day.