iPad Fastlane Street Racing: Finishing Times & related remarks

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ki-goi, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ki-goi

ki-goi Member

Dec 28, 2008
    #1 ki-goi, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
    bhagwad (cooool) and i have different driving styles. :rolleyes:

arcade perfection is really tough for me, but, here are the best times on arcade hard tracks and (time trial). all meteor all the time. (i don't like driving the super GT, too much thumb action.)

1. seaside short, 1:07:96
    2. uptown, 1:02:83 (1:02:30)
    3. martland raceway, 1:30:13 (1:28:76)
    4. seaside long, 2:03:60 (2:02:86)
    5. industrial route, 3:06:86
    6. nichnill circuit, 1:28:83
    7. downtown, 3:06:06 (3:02:60)
    8. coastal stretch, 4:08:26 (4:07:60)
    9. martland raceway long, 2:55:23
    10. crosstown, 5:04:13 (4:56:80)
    11. all city, 8:16:56 (8:10:06)
    12. nichnill circuit long, 2:56:36

meteor meteor meteor meteor. ahhh.

2. ki-goi

ki-goi Member

Dec 28, 2008
    the trick with controlling a skid in this game is the same as with any real rear-drive vehicle.

1. keep your eyes locked on where you want the car to go.

2. keep on the gas. this helps stabilize the car. brakes: bad. (in a front-drive car that tends to slide front-first, or "understeer," the brakes can be used and are more helpful than power.)

3. turn the steering wheel "into the skid" -- meaning, turn the wheel toward where you want the car to go.

4. when you are starting to slide back in the direction you hoped for, bring the steering back to center, gently and in rhythm with the slide, to prevent the car from correcting too far and going out of control the opposite way.

5. turn earlier.

using these methods you can take any corner in this game at 300+ kph. watch for the spot; turn in hard; watch your target as you adjust; turn back gently to stabilize. zoom.

3. bhagwad

bhagwad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Very neat times! I haven't tried to complete the tracks with the Super GT without Perfection, but it looks like I'll have to if I want to beat your times ;)

I think the GT is worth the effort to master. As an example, I was able to complete Seaside Short in Arcade Hard perfection in almost under a minute using it. The video is here:

I admit it needs lots of control. Especially in Perfection where I have to be ultra cautious. But let me try in normal hard. I'll post my times!

Just come back from vacation and so haven't played for a few days. Also, I just bought Sim City :D . But fear not. I will master the GT in the end!

4. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York

Here are my best times and cars used:

1. seaside short, 1:10:76, Siluro Twin
    2. uptown, 1:10:00, Talon G100
    3. martand raceway, 1:41:43, Janus Turbo
    4. seaside long, 2:16:90, Sturm X5
    5. industrial route, 3:28:40, Siluro Twin
    6. nichnill circuit, 1:38:53, Siluro Twin
    7. downtown, 3:23:23, Siluro Twin
    8. coastal stretch, 4:36:36, Siluro Twin
    9. martland raceway long, 3:28:70, Castor Voro
    10. crosstown, 5:44:10, Siluro Twin
    11. all city, 8:48:80, Siluro Twin
    12. nichnill circuit long, 3:16:13, Meteor GTX

Wow Ki-goi, I'm impressed. Don't be mad at me for asking, but is your martand raceway long time even possible? Maybe you typed it wrong. If it's not a typo, you are amazing. Anyway, as everyone can see, I like the Siluro Twin : )

5. bhagwad

Nov 21, 2008
    I'm sure his Martland Raceway Long time is accurate. Mine is 2:59:10 with the Meteor (Haven't got time to do it with the Super GT yet)

Nice to see more and more people completing the game in Hard. I think it's time to set up a dedicated threat for recording finishing times. But this is tough to do on a forum. It would be nice if there was an inbuilt function in Fastlane that did this.

Also, we must have separate times for Perfection and Normal mode as it requires more skill to do Perfection.

I agree that the Siluro twin is cool. It's acceleration is poor though and so for Non-Perfection challenges I prefer the Meteor.

Edit: How many people have unlocked the Second Batch of skins?

6. bhagwad

Nov 21, 2008
    Prelim Times with the GT

I've been fooling with the GT in Time Trial to see just how it performs and here are the results:

1. Seaside Short: 1:01:43
    2. Uptown: 0:59:63
    3. Martland Raceway: 1:22:76
    4. Seaside Long: 1:52:80
    5. Industrial: 2:58:20
    6. Nichnill: 1:24:16

Now obviously these times are impossible for the normal cars and it's unfair to measure performance when other cars are used. So in order to be fair, we can have three choices:

1. Never post Super GT time scores when others are using normal cars

2. Always post only Perfection time scores. The GT is weak in turning and controlling drift and using the GT means taking on the danger of touching the sides.

3. Free for all. Assume that everyone can use the GT if they want and if they haven't posted GT times then it means that other cars are setting the record.

I find this is important because one person's time scores in Time Trial will be higher than other cars in Arcade. On the other hand, someone completing Perfection deserves credit even though the time is slightly lower.

Now that more and more people are beginning to unlock the GT and since there are so many modes, I feel we need an objective way of comparing the times.

Comments anyone?

7. bhagwad

Nov 21, 2008
    I've uploaded a video showing a replay of the Super GT in action at Seaside Short. I've used the yellow skin that I unlocked after completing arcade perfection in hard (Yep, I'm showing off all right!)

Note that this is in Arcade Perfection mode in Hard so I can only touch the sides twice before striking out at the third! I hit the sides twice in this. You can hear the "beep" sounds as I do so.

Very difficult to control a car going at close to 400 kph! At the end I actually cross 400. Total time to complete course 1:01:86

What a Car!

8. ki-goi

ki-goi Member

Dec 28, 2008
    yeah those are the right times.

i would vote for arcade mode; not only perfection; easy or hard; not GT.

1. arcade mode because it's fun.

2. not only perfection because not everybody can get there. (also, except for uptown, my perfection times are slower because AFAIK the the meteor eats the siluro twin's breakfast.)

3. easy or hard, because, what's the big deal post your times.

4. no GT because GT times will be split second differences. it doesn't say much. somebody had 1:13:34, someone else got 1:13:27, hooray! it could have been caused by the weather.

anyhow.

i had a replay of my uptown perfection run with the meteor. it was madness in the last tunnel. cars all over each other. i won with 1:02:90 and the slowest car was 1:04:50! frenzy!

9. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    wow u guys r good

10. bhagwad

Nov 21, 2008
    Actually given the difficulty of handling the GT at top speeds there could be a considerable difference in times depending on who's handling. I would say that driving the GT requires more skill in terms of controlling the drift (finicky drift) and knowing the track.

Also, I feel that the problem of split second difference in timing is part of the game and can happen with any car.

Having said that, I think it's fair to use the GT times only in Perfection for reasons mentioned above.

So to sum up, my preference for time comparison is that you can use any car in Arcade Hard to show off your times except for the GT. However, you are allowed to display GT times only if you can pull it off in perfection mode.

Thoughts anyone?

Just for interest, how many people are using the "tilt drifting off" option? I have it turned on (default) since that teaches me discipline and if I tilt too much I go into drift.

11. Olius

Olius New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    New Challenges

This is an old thread, I know, but this is also an excellent game. Anyhow, here are a couple of challenges that I managed to complete:

2:51:93 ~ Martand Long / Meteor GTX
    0:59:83 ~ Seaside Short / Super GT
    7:40:90 ~ All City / Super GT
    8:31:03 ~ All City / Meteor GTX

Good luck! :)