iOS Games Like Alien Isolation?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by curtisrshideler, Nov 9, 2015.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I love Alien Isolation, and I'm looking to find that setting/feeling on iOS. So far, I've got Doom II RPG, Mayday, and BioShock. Unfortunately, Dead Space crashes on launch. Any other titles that you can suggest that are first or third-person space-like survival games?

Thanks for any feedback!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2 Exact-Psience, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Tried Dead Effect 2? Zombies+Montrous experiments mainly. Space setting, futuristic weapons. Good RPG elements, active+passive skill system, diablo-esque equipment system, 3 classes with distinct active skills (passives are similar), decent loot system, FREEMIUM but NO TIMERS.

3. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Hey EP, thanks for the suggestion! I was just reading about both of those. I was worried they may have too much shooting for my taste, but now that you've mentioned them, I'll give them a try. I do like that there's a story at least.

4. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Lost within is more the style of alien isolation, small amount of combat and avoiding monsters by hiding. Dead effect is Alright though for shooter, but it's definitely not horror

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, the Dead Effect games have had more shooting than I prefer, so I took your suggestion and grabbed Lost Within. Seems pretty good so far! Great tense atmosphere. I just wish it took place on a ship in space with aliens running around. I just need to put my favorite PSX games on my new phone I think. Alien Resurrection is a great game, and when I can't play it at home, it's a nice alternative to Alien Isolation when I'm on the go.

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Whoa! I totally forgot about the Marathon trilogy! Those three games do a good job at providing a lo-fi Alien Isolation feel. And man, I forgot how just plain fun they are. Never beat any of them, but it may be time to do so. It's just crazy they haven't made a similar game for the Alien franchise on mobile. It would be way better than that AvP game that's out.