Universal 10000000 by EightyEight Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 26, 2012.

1. LucaRedwood

LucaRedwood Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 14, 2011
    Gentlemen,

I'm still at my day job, but when I get out I shall try to answer your queries (and sounds like a couple of bugs too? :( ) Hold Tight!

And thanks, I'm pretty fn humbled at this point.

2. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    im at my day job and playing your game LOL , its CRACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

music reminds me of shadowgate, dragon warrior, all the old 8 bit rpgs brilliant.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Has anyone figured out what the item that looks like a loaf of bread does?

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Woah this thread exploded! Guessing it's good? Great find this week Gabrien. Is the game like Dungeon Raid? If yes then I shall buy it.

Edit: 11 five star reviews? That sold me. Buying now.

5. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    This game is so good. Instantly bought it based off of the front page review and am not disappointed, it warrants all the praise it has recieved. By far and away the most fun I have had with a puzzler since dungeon raid.

6. BlazingQuo

BlazingQuo New Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hey good job to the creators this game got me hooked like none had for a while, I just finished it too, I'm almost sad.
    I hope there will be new content or something!

7. Calicobeard

Calicobeard Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think it "heals" you a little bit, giving a small time boost.

8. BlazingQuo

BlazingQuo New Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Food items gives you a boost, and let's you run a bit longer

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #109 LordGek, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    Game Impressions

Good call Gabrien!

This is a frantic endless sidescroller affair where one must overcome obstacles (monsters, chests, doors, etc.) by matching enough of the appropriate symbols as you run down the hall to the right. One nastier aspect of this system is that matching keys when there is no lock in front of you or swords when there is no fight going on are simply wasted moves (the little breaks the game hands out where you are just running down an empty hall are a great time to gather resources). Your goal is to eventually get a single run highscore over 10 million.

To aid you in this endeavor is the fact that after each run you can spend your hard won gold, experience, and resources to upgrade your skills and equipment. Every time your character levels up they're given access to a new dungeon difficulty with a bunch of new mission objectives (completing them nets you buckets of gold). If you want to do a little simpler grinding for resources, you can make a run back a few difficulty levels and easily walk through encounters that previously would have kicked your ass. The only disadvantage of dropping back levels is that you'll have a lower score multiplier and no bonus objectives to complete for extra gold.

10. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    I believe it's an actual bug - and breaks the game completely unfortunately. I don't have missions on any of the difficulties (this point I only have two, the Rookie and Wayfarer). Would love a fix or a word from the dev. :)

11. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #111 Delusionaltool, Jul 27, 2012
    scroll up a bit the dev is at his job and when he gets off he will look into them and be on here to answer questions, this stuff will get fixed.

for the bug have you closed back to home screen, ended the task by double tapping home button ? then relaunching it.

have you grinded a bit to get gold and materials to unlock\upgrade your buildings?

12. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Any chance of getting iCloud on this baby? Though I'm suspecting the game won't be as long I'd like, but then again I don't wanna be glued to my iPad for a year. Love the game, a little familiarity with a little originality, so yummy :p

13. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Anyone having the bug where you can't go to the next difficulty, try re-installing the app. Worked for me. Awesome game!

14. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    What a great game. Although I dont like this genre I got hooked to this awesome endless-puzzler. I am wondering what we will see in 'freedom'.

15. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
  16. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Great concept, I tried it, but it's no fun for me, I simply don't like the real-time puzzle genre. Hopefully it will be a success and spur more puzzle/rpg hybrids, including turn-based ones.

P.S. I also had to turn off the music after about ten seconds.

17. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    #117 justln, Jul 27, 2012
    Your missions carry over to the next difficulty so you don't need to grind the easier stage to complete them.

I'm current at Dungeon Master difficulty with 5.9 million. Stuck at the 3 missions that seem impossible.

Gain 800 Stone and 800 Wood.
    Perform 5 Triple Matches
    Perform 120 Matches.

I think my alchemy potions are preventing me from completing the first mission. Going to try and get that later.

Edit:

Ok I completed all 3 10 minutes after I posted. :)

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This is one game that I suck at but still can't stop playing!

For some reason, I've always been better at traditional match three tile swapping. And even though it isn't a big difference, the sliding rows and columns throw me off.

But I'm hooked!

19. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    im the same way, you get better with practice ive already gotten alot better just gotta keep playing it, also the skills help cause there are abilities to slow down the scrolling at the top etc...

also to pause the game there is no way in the game but if you double tap home button it pauses the game and if you put the device to sleep also.

20. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Maybe we can get a $0.99 IAP that adds a pause button. ;)